- Live Fire Training: Lessons Learned in New Jersey. Coletta, Terence // Fire Engineering;Apr2012, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p111
The article focuses on a number of injuries and deaths occurring during live fire training in New Jersey according to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). It states that the worst live fire training accident in the country happened in 1992 in Parsippany, Morris County. It tells that the National...
- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p16
The article presents news briefs related to the business activities of companies in the field of fire management. It is reported that Rosenbauer America has given away more than 12,000 red seatbelt wraps bearing the message "Everyone Goes Home" during the U.S. Fire Department Instructors'...
- USFA Releases 2011 LODD Numbers. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/19/2012, p3
The article reports that in 2011, there were 83 firefighter deaths occurred in 33 states, a U.S. dependency, and a U.S. military facility on a foreign country, where most of the deaths happened in Texas, according to the statistics of the U.S. Fire Administration.
- Fire Administration releases 2012 firefighter fatality stats. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/7/2013, p2
The article reports on a provisional total of 83 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. announced by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) during 2012.
- USFA offers on-site arson-fire investigation reviews. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the offering of a no-cost, on-site program reviews and technical assistance to 12 arson and fire investigation units in the United States by the US Fire Administration (USFA). Requirements for the consideration of one of the 12 slots; Availability of the USFA technical assistance team...
- USFA/NFA COURSES: A FORMAT TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p167
Focuses on the training program provided by the United States Fire Administration/National Fire Department (USFA/NFA) for fire and emergency services. Details on the USFA/NFA courses; Educational opportunities of the program; Advantage of the program for working people.
- LODD Rates Show Decline. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the findings of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA's) provisional 2010 firefighter-fatalities report according to which there were 85 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2010.
- SAVING FIREFIGHTERS' LIVES. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p136
Focuses the role of the National Fire Data Center of the United States Fire Administration. Management of the National Fire Incident Reporting System; Statistical reports regarding the death of firefighters; Scrutiny against the practices of the center; Approaches directed for the protection of...
- USFA releases "University Housing Fires" report. // Fire Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p49
The article discusses the highlights of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA) report "University Housing Fires (2007-2009)," which found that an estimated average of 3,800 university housing fires occurs annually in the U.S.