FATHER KNOWS BEST
- RETAIL'S RISING STAR. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;5/3/2010, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p164
The article profiles Ed Stack, the chief executive officer at Dick's Sporting Goods, a U.S. retail chain. A number of topics are addressed in the article including Stack's management style, the appeal of Dick's Sporting Goods to financial service professionals, and the origins of the chain,...
- GWEN MANTO EXITS DICK'S SPORTING GOODS. // SGB;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information on the resignation of Gwen Manto as executive vice president (EVP) and chief merchandising officer of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. According to a filing with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the retailer will not replace her. Rather, the retailer will...
- Stacking the Deck. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p30
The article presents an interview with Carlo Lingiardi, president of Teva. Lingiardi calls himself a turnaround specialist and he believes he has his hands full as the new president of Teva. When asked about his new position, he cites his love for challenges. He identifies that one of Teva's...
- Creating new Treasures. Olds, Chris // Beckett Baseball;May2013, Issue 86, p7
An interview with Panini brand manager for National Treasures (NT) Ben Ecklar is presented. When asked about the obstacles he encountered, Ecklar answered that acquiring the items in a reasonable price is always a hurdle. He adds that Panini's deal with the Hall of Fame is important because it...
- ERIK JOULE. // SGB;2015 Pre-Show Issue, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p96
An interview with Erik Joule, chief marketing and commerce officer at sporting goods company Strava Inc. as of April 2015, is presented. Joule explains why the company is the face and social voice of the performance athlete. He discusses how his background in the apparel industry influence his...
- TSA'S DOUG MORTON TO RETIRE FROM CEO POST. // SGB;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p13
The article announces the retirement of chief executive officer Doug Morton as chief executive officer at The Sports Authority in the U.S.
- Industry Icons. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article presents quotes about how the sporting goods industry has changed from 1968-2008, from Mitchell Modell of Modell's Sporting Goods store, Julie Nimmons, chairwoman at Schutt Sports store, and Jerry Turner of Brooks Sports store.
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.
- 2011 CATEGORY LISTINGS. // SGB;2011 Outdoor Business Retailer, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p51
A list of sporting goods and service providers, based on their categories, is presented, which includes, Hour Energy for accessories, Alps Sportswear for apparel, and CAM Commerce Solutions for retail service.