- TRAINING NEEDS. // Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p9
Focuses on a training unit for firefighters and emergency medical technicians in the United States. Observation and burn module; Dual monitoring probes; Heat shield.
- NEXT UP FOR ART TRAINING. Gler, Nancy // Fire Chief;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p72
The article focuses on the Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) training in the U.S. It states that when aircrafts crashed, it needs a specialized firefighting and rescue tactics and trained personnel who has expertise in airport rescue firefighting. It mentions rescuer Tom Wagner, whom with...
- Inside the Fire. // Yankee;Oct2000, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p6
Relates the experience during a fire fighting training of the Firefighting Academy in Stow, Massachusetts. Description of the fear felt during the exercise; Details of the process of the firefighting drill; Lesson learned from the experience.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Mar2011, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p244
A calendar of events related to firefighting in the U.S. from April to May 2011 is presented including the Second Annual Police Fire and Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Expo in Memphis, Tennessee, Advanced Exterior Industrial Firefighter in Carlin, Nevada, and Drive to Survive Seminar in Bethel,...
- Rescue teams needed to save more than victims. Evans, Bruce // Fire Chief;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the importance of rescuers in emergency medical services (EMS) in fire extinction works. Patient-care and fireground experience of rescue teams; Role bridging that gap between personnel and fire fighters.
- The Emergency Operations Center: A Vital Preparedness Tool. SHOULDIS, WILLIAM // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p71
The article discusses the importance of an emergency operations center (EOC) as a vital preparedness tool for coordinating on-scene firefighting operations during low-frequency and high risks incidents. The different types of EOCs include the fixed facility, mobile, and virtual EOCs and a number...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p180
A calendar of events, conferences, exhibits for the fire service scheduled in the U.S. from May to September 2010 is presented, including the Metro Atlanta Fire Fighter's Conference, the 78th Annual Summer Fire School and Midwest Wildfire Training Academy, and CLINCON 2010: Clinical Conference...
- Grapevine to ash voters for emergency services building. McGowan, Matthew // Fort Worth Business Press;9/3/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p4
The article discusses the plan of city officials in Grapevine, Texas to seek approval in November 2012 for two new municipal facilities costing 68.7 million dollars. One project is a 30.1-million-dollar expansion of the city's Community Activity Center aimed at residents' recreation while the...
- Regions holds 17th annual rig wash, BBQ as part of National EMS Week. Smith, Jennifer // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p9
The article celebrates an event in appreciation of National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) which was held on May 19, 2009 to give due respect to those who are devoted in giving daily medical lifesaving services. The thrust of the event is on the union between fire and EMS and the necessity for...