MINI-INTERVIEW: New diversification goals
- Dobbs International takes over Eastern Airlines' flight kitchen in Atlanta. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/24/94, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p58
Reports that Dobbs International Services Inc. has acquired Eastern Airlines' flight kitchen at Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. Features of the kitchen; Dobbs' Caters to Learning literacy program for employees.
- Dobbs inflight foodservice earns awards from Delta Airlines. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p21
Reports that Dobbs International Services Inc. has received five awards from Delta Airlines at its 1997 recognition ceremony for Dobbs' operations at various airports in the United States.
- FOR 70% OF CARRIER'S MEALS: Dobbs wins United extension. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Deals with the food service contract extension awarded by United Airlines to Dobbs International Services in the United States. Terms and conditions of the contract; Overview on the purchase of the in-flight kitchens of United by Dobbs.
- In brief. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
Reports on developments related to the United States food service industry as of April 2000. Acquisition of the operating assets of Sands and Co. by Canteen Vending Services; Possibility of the sale of eldercare operator, Manor Care; Agreement of Dobbs International Services to provide...
- Dobbs CEO Martin dies, leaves industry mourning loss of insightful leader. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p24
Pays tribute to Fred Martin, chief executive of airline catering firm Dobbs International, who died on January 30, 1999. Comments from Martin's colleagues; Career background of Martin.
- Quite a start to the year at Dobbs. // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p11
Reports that Dobbs International Inc. has won a contract to provide commissary services for Amtrak. Dobbs' strategy to diversify outside the shrinking airline catering segment; Death of President/Chief Executive Officer Fred Martin; Flight kitchens operated by Dobbs.
- On-site briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p18
Presents information on issues related to the food service industry in the United States. Opening of a flight kitchen by Dobbs International Services Incorporated at Philadelphia International Airport; Promotion of Rajen Anand as executive director for the US Department of Agriculture's Center...
- Viad got $780m payout in sale of Dobbs catering. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/02/99, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p12
Reveals the amount received by Viad Corp. from the sale of its airline-catering business, Dobbs International Service, to SAirGroup of Zurich. Implication of the sale; Allocation of the sale's proceeds; Major subsidiaries of Viad.
- Dobbs to buy flight kitchen at Las Vegas airport. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/15/98, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p56
Reports that Dobbs International Services Inc. is acquiring a flight kitchen at Las Vegas, Nevada's McCarran Airport from Ogden Aviation Food Services Inc.