Bond seeks ties with schools
- COMPLETE WITH CHECKS AND BALANCES: Mesa USD computerizes inventory in central facility. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the computer system at the Mesa Unified School District in Arizona for managing food inventories. Comments from Jill Benza, director of food and nutrition and auxiliary services, about the system; Benefits provided by the system; Estimated amount spent on the system project.
- Healthier Schools: Learning About Nutrition. Corrales, Ana Maria; Sanchez, M.; Constanza, P.; Liliana, A.; Lopez, I.; Neira, P. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS27
An abstract of the article "Healthier Schools: Learning About Nutrition" by Ana Maria Corrales et al. is presented.
- Technology as School Foods'Best Friend. // Food Management;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p27
The article offers information on the technological innovations by the K-12 meal programs in the school districts in the U.S. for child nutrition by providing the instance of biometrics technique by using a palm reading technique to provide nutrition education to children.
- Brevard Cty. schools now charging food purchases. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the purchasing card program implemented by the food service department of Brevard City Schools in Florida. Function of the card program; Effect of the card program on the cafeteria managers; How the vendors of the student district responded to the card program.
- Welfare reform and nutrition education: Alternative... Rose, Donald; Nestle, Marion // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p61
Focuses on three important elements of welfare reform which have a potential impact on nutrition education, these elements being work requirements, federal spending limits and delegation of programs responsible to the states. Details of these elements; Ways in which legislative activities could...
- Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program: Assisting food... Joy, Amy Block; Doisy, Charlotte // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p123
Focuses on the sucesses and challenges of the Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program (FSNEP) since the first state program in 1986. FSNEP from the perspective of seven states; Provision of funds; Avalibility of funds since 1981; FSNEP's goal and purpose; Components of the Nutrition Education...
- IPNI Scholar Award Application Deadline is June 30. // Better Crops with Plant Food;2012, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p7
The article announces that the deadline for the submission of application for the 2012 International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI) Scholar Award Program, an annual competition amongst graduate degree programs students, is on June 30, 2012.
- Breakfast especially important in Okla. City schools. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p22
Features the breakfast program for schools in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Supervision needed by the students; Efforts of schools in teaching nutrition to promote the importance of eating breakfast; Benefit offered by the program on the students.
- Food Addiction Among College Students in an Introductory Nutrition Course. Lewis, Susan; Anderson, M.; Pobocik, R.; Ludy, M. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS50
An abstract of the article "Food Addiction Among College Students in an Introductory Nutrition Course" by Susan Lewis et al. is presented.