The Hit That Zaps Sci-Fi Cliches
- Apollo Rising. Kuhn, Sarah // Back Stage West;4/10/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p10
The article features actor Jamie Bamber of the science fiction television series "Battlestar Galactica." Bamber reveals that he started acting in a kids' theatre group when he as five years old. Bamber relates his experiences in playing military man Lee "Apollo" Adama in "Galactica." He was born...
- Second Front. Bond, Jeff // Cinefantastique;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p30
Presents information on the science fiction television program "Battlestar Galactica," produced by Ronald D. Moore. Description of the program's lead characters; Cast of the program; Overview of its plot.
- EYES WITHOUT A FACE. S. A. S. // Cinefantastique;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p57
The article discusses the construction of the costumes for the Cyclon Empire, the empire of the antagonists in the TV program "Battlestar Galactica." Costume designer Jean-Piere Dorleac based the costumes on the desciption of the Cyclons as reptilians who became machines. Dorleac used chrome...
- 72. KARA "STARBUCK" THRACE. // Entertainment Weekly;6/4/2010, Issue 1105/1106, p84
A personal narrative is presented in which the author reflects on her portrayal of the character Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, a space fighter pilot on the television program Battlestar Galactica, focusing on her coming of age, insecurity, and vulnerability.
- Battlestar: Galactica (2004- ). Mell, Eila // Mickey Rooney As Archie Bunker;2008, p73
Information about the American science fiction television series "Battlestar: Galactica" is presented. It was first produced in 1978 and the cast include Edward James Olmos, Bruce Greenwood, Ed Harris, Katee Sackhoff and Jason London. The characters that were played by the actors and actresses...
- Galactica Strikes Back. Bond, Jeff // Cinefantastique;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the second season of the hit science fiction television series "Battlestar Galactica," on the Sci Fi Channel. Producer David Eick relates his concern for the second season of the series and the need to prove that the show is not a one hit wonder. An overview of the...
- SEXPOT ROBOT. // Ralph;May2005, p16
Profiles actress Tricia Helfer. Character on the television series "Battlestar Galactica"; Significance of her victory in the Ford's Supermodel of the World Contest in 1992 to her career; Work as a model for Victoria's Secret lingerie.
- A Different Trek. Schweiger, Daniel // Cinefantastique;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p35
Features Bear McCreary, composer for the soundtrack of the science fiction television program "Battlestar Galactica." Challenges encountered in composing music for the program; Idea behind the use of various ethnic instruments; Use of music to reflect the development in the character of...
- Frackin' A! King, Anthony // Bay Windows;4/20/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p27
The article presents an interview with actresses Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff regarding the television program "Battlestar Galactica." Sackhoff plays the character Kara Thrace in the program. Helfer comments on the program. Sackhoff admits that she is pessimistic about the performance of...