Riding high with leather furniture
- Talk. Hart, Ian; Bancroft, Mike; Gripton, Terry; Hoskins, Andrew; Lewis, Herbert // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p9
Presents views and insights of furniture industry executives regarding consumer perceptions on value for money from furniture sales.
- Home changing office evolving with electronics, work habits. SLAUGHTER, POWELL // Furniture/Today;5/4/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p20
The article reports that vendors selling home office goods at the High Point Market in North Carolina are adjusting their product on how electronics and work habits are affecting the way consumers use furniture. Richard Olmeda, chief executive officer of Turnkey Products says that the market for...
- Views. Kay, Martin // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p9
Comments on the disadvantage of not informing senior executives about the complaints received by their companies. Importance of allowing the top people of the company to know the truth of the complaints; Responsibility of every member of an organization to provide a great product and services;...
- Media has little influence on shoppers, say retailers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p4
Reports on the `Cabinet Maker' periodical's Retail Trends Survey of retailers on the factors influencing consumers' furniture purchasing decisions. Relative influences of word of mouth, price, television programs and magazines; Influence of media on retailers in the Midlands; Perceptions on the...
- AFMA members consider ways to make furniture buying easier. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p34
Discusses ways to maker furniture buying easier for the consumer. Improvement in service needs; Need for the industry to focus on design and value; Importance of imports to be competitive.
- Master BR high in survey results. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p22
Presents the results of 'Furniture/Today's' 2001 Survey of Consumer Buying Trends conducted in the United States. Interest of the respondents in the purchase of furniture for the master bedroom; Preferences of consumer groups in the survey; Income brackets of the households.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p8
The article presents answers to a question on the threat posed by the preference of consumers to buy furniture in supermarkets to the furniture industry.
- More boring statistics? Think again. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/13/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p41
Comments on the significance of the latest statistics on consumers' buying behavior on the business of the furniture industry in the United States. Need for the industry to pay more attention to demographic trends illustrated in the statistics.
- The new religion according to faith. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p27
Comments on key issues relevant to consumer behavior in the U.S. Factors that affect consumer behavior; Impact of consumer spending on the furniture industry; Implications on the furniture industry.