Van Kampen's Ciccarone offers a glimpse into the future
- Pillow talk. // Business News New Jersey;10/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p2
Discloses plans of Van Kampen, a mutual fund operated by New York City's Morgan Stanley Dean Witter to purchase tax-free bonds for the proposed construction of a Marriott hotel in Trenton, New Jersey. Terms of agreement; Value of bonds to be purchased.
- Banks seem hesitant to shell out $1B for Van Kampen. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;2/6/96, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the reluctance of banks to acquire the mutual fund company, Van Kampen American Capital. Comments by an investment banker; Financial situation of Van Kampen; Reasons for banks' reluctance aside from the price.
- `Dogs of the Dow' strategy offered inside annuity. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr98, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p70
Describes the investment option in the Generations Variable Annuity offered by Van Kampen American Capital Inc. Advantages of the variable annuity format; Description of the Strategic Stock Portfolio option.
- Brokerage chiefs can learn from Van Kampen's sales tricks. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;12/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 235, p15
Reports on mutual fund company Van Kampen-American Co.'s designing of a training course for managers of bank-based brokers. Selling techniques developed by Xerox Corp. as basis of the course; Xerox representatives as teachers of Van Kampen's program; Comments from R. Scott West, fund firm's...
- Former Citicorp president to head new mutual fund firm. // American Banker;9/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 169, p9
Reports on Richard S. Braddock's appointment as head of mutual fund firm Van Kampen/American Capital. Braddock's credits; Clout of Braddock in the banking business; Rank of Van Kampen/American as a mutual fund firm.
- Corporate alliances help boost investors' confidence. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/9/95, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the rise in the Van Kampen American Capital Index of Investor Intentions for October 1995. Effect of investor confidence on strategic reorganizations of companies.
- Van Kampen hawks high yield to retail. Albano, Chistine // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p6
Reports that Van Kampen American Capital Inc. has topped its target of $150 million in new assets with a one-day sales of shares in its high-yield municipal fund. Background information on the company's fund; Comments from spokeswoman Eileen Davis on the company's performance.
- Global funds finding ways to spread the word. Moore, Michael O'D. // American Banker;05/14/98, Vol. 163 Issue 91, p9A
Presents information on the Morgan Stanley Global Equity B fund which was introduced by Van Kampen American Capital company, in October 1997. Comments from Scott Becker, product manager for global and international funds at Van Kampen; Comparison of the fund to the Morgan Stanley Institutional...
- Flurry Of Mutual Fund Acquisitions. Schmitt, Frederick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/8/96, Vol. 100 Issue 28, p33
Reports on the agreement by Morgan Stanley Group Inc. to purchase Van Kampen American Capital Inc. Terms of the purchase deal; Schedule of acquisition ending on November 30, 1996; Comments from the companies' officials.