Motivated to take care of consumers
- E-tailers throw more into the bargain. Hill, Toya Richards // Crain's Chicago Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 49, pSR35
Reports that online retailers offer discounts to build a long-term relationship with their customers. Reasons why customers prefer to shop online; Practice of giving discounts to lure customers rather than to boost sales.
- Ailing retailers dig deep, go psychological. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;1/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
The article reports that small fashion retailers in New York City are clasping their survival on steep discounts mixed with new recession era marketing that relies on insights into consumers' complicated emotions and circumstances. Many retail stores are giving customers discounts of 60% or...
- Target Sets Sights on Thrifty Canadians. Hamstra, Mark // Supermarket News Expert Blog;4/ 1/2013, p13
The article reports on the efforts of Canadian retailer Target Canada to offer discounted prices to thrifty consumers in 2013. It mentions that Target has been aware of the weak performance of Canada's economy in 2012. According to the author, despite its efforts to lower the prices, consumers...
- Sweets for the Sweet. // Washingtonian Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p125
The article announces that customers of Chocolate Chocolate in Washington D.C. will be granted 15 percent discount on product purchases for the month of February.
- Don't count on discounts. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
The article provides an answer to a question on whether a company's decision to offer a 15 percent discount to its customers is just in their line of business as a retailer.
- Poundworld grows fastest of big three single-price discounters. Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;8/4/2012, p6
The article reports on the expanding rate of single-price discounters at 25 percent a year as they continue to snap up high street stores, with Poundworld growing the fastest at 43 percent year-on-year, according to a report by Him!.
- Thanksgiving likely harbinger for retail. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p3
Reports discounts offered by retailers in Cleveland, Ohio. Need to convince customers to spend; Prediction of decline in holiday sales; Views of analysts regarding the discount sale.
- Shootout at the Strip Mall. Gose, Joe // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the impact of discount-offering shopping centers on grocery-anchored business enterprises in the U.S. as of January 2003. Entry of Wal-Mart and Target into the grocery retail business; Average price of properties for standalone supermarkets and supermarkets within malls; Increase in...
- Retailers plan big discounts for lean holiday. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the price reduction plan of retailers for the Christmas season in New York, New York. Announcement on the reduced prices of Max Florentino merchandises; Evidence of accelerated price cuts; Impact of the terrorist attacks on the sales of retailers.