- History Lost. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p18
Presents a photograph of a fire in Kerens, Texas in 2003 fought by the Kerens and Corsicana volunteer fire departments.
- Trust firefighters, and it may save your life, youngsters told. Sharp, Benjamin C. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/19/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 43, p1
The article discusses the fire prevention event held for East Bernard youngsters by the East Bernard Volunteer Fire Department. The event comprised of tours of a fire truck, the fire station and a demonstration of an exhilarating car fire. The article also mentions about how the kids hide...
- Lakeside VFD plans fish fry. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p5
The article offers information on the summer fish fry event organized by Lakeside Village Area Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) and Ladies Auxiliary to be held on June 29, 2013 in Texas.
- Kicaster VFD: We need volunteers. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;12/23/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p7A
The article reports on the call of E. A. Brietzke, president of Kicaster Volunteer Fire Department's board in Texas, urging for volunteers due to shortage in the fire department.
- Rhett Sellers joins Grand Saline Volunteer Fire Department. Callaway, Wendi // Grand Saline Sun (TX);1/9/2014, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on Rhett Sellers, a resident of Grand Saline, Texas, who joined the Grand Saline Volunteer Fire Department as volunteer firefighter.
- Captain: The First 60 Days. DASKAL, BARRY S. // Fire Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the job of the captain in the volunteer fire service. The author suggests that the best approach when starting out as a captain in the volunteer fire service is that there should be an established plan of action. It is suggested that list of topics should be generated, the...
- 21st Century Firefighting: Preserving the Volunteer Fire Service. CHAPMAN, ROSS // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p12
The article offers solutions designed to preserve the volunteer fire departments in the U.S. It suggests the establishment of a cadet or fire explorer program to introduce new people to the service. It details the challenges facing volunteer fire departments in recruiting and retaining members....
- With One Voice. Wilmoth, J. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p6
Editorial. Explores the challenges facing fire service at local, state and federal levels in the U.S. Lack of volunteers; Lack of financial resources; Threat to the volunteer fire service; Position paper entitled 'Improving Volunteer Fire Serviceability to American Communities,' by chief Gary...
- Graham FD receives equipment grants. // Graham Leader;7/13/2016, Vol. 140 Issue 96, p4
No abstract available.