Competence is the Thing
- Electronic surveillance systems shifting to IP from point-to-point. Latham, Donald // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the shifting of the methods of systems communication in the security industry from closed-circuit television to Internet Protocol (IP)-based communications. Evolution of the closed-circuit television system; Impact of the appearance of IP-based cameras on the market; Introduction of...
- Comprehensive collection. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
Presents the Esser closed-circuit television access control system from Novar, introduced in the British security systems market in August 2004. Key features; Advantages; Details of how the system works.
- CCTV, Surveillance & Communications. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p57
Lists companies in the United States that offer closed-circuit television (CCTV), surveillance, and communications systems. CCTV systems; Video motion detection; Remote control devices; Video transmission equipment; Intercom systems; Data transmission.
- ADT offers high-tech security options for businesses and residents alike. Doyle, B.G. // Caribbean Business;3/18/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 13, pS4
Features Puerto Rican security systems provider ADT Security Systems of Puerto Rico Inc. Offer of intrusion detection and control, access management, closed circuit television, high-technology video surveillance options and addressable fire and life safety systems; Offer of cellular wireless...
- The Future Of Video Surveillance Belongs To IP Network Cameras. Muratori, Lee // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Apr2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p42
The article explores issues to consider when implementing a security plan in 2009. Crime is an omnipresent threat facing building owners or managers. An alternative to closed circuit television (CCTV) systems is Internet Protocol (IP) networked video surveillance. Particular focus is given to...
- ARE YOU KITTING? Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p52
Describes the advantages of using closed-circuit equipment in prepackaged video surveillance system. Cost and time savings; Ease of installation; Variations of kits. INSETS: How Your Distributors Can Help;'Baby Steps' -- Why Some Won't Kit;Unique System Solutions.
- Building Security FAQs. Powers, Vicki // University Business;Nov2007, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p61
This article presents important facts about video surveillance in university campuses in the U.S. It explains that the Virginia Tech incident triggered college campus surveillance. It explains that security cameras should balance the needs between privacy and security for students on college...
- Flexible And Functional. Gagvani, Nikhil // Government Security;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the merits of intelligent video or video analytics, a computer system which analyzes security video from multiple cameras. Research has found that human operators cannot effectively monitor multiple video over long durations, and a video analytic system would aid security...
- On the record. // European Power News;Mar2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on the launch of ABB's SM videographic recorder series. It further reports that the recorders can be set to send email notifications to several recipients in the event of an alarm to ensure that any alarm conditions are promptly identified and addressed. It also reports that...