A Different World
- Mini-mart Maven. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p38
Profiles Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services at Humana Inc. Career background; Description of her job at Humana; Effectiveness of her cost-cutting efforts at the firm.
- Giving Them What They Want. // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p50
Offers a look at efforts among companies in the business-and-industry arena toward disclosure of nutritional values for menu options. Comments from Patty Guist, director of workplace solutions at Humana Inc.; Step taken by Humana toward increasing consumer awareness about the foods they are...
- Something to Talk About. Guist, Patty // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p72
The article describes the new exhibition station at Humana Unity Building in Louisville, Kentucky. Patty Guist, manager of associate programs and services for Humana, says the The Chef's Table, the exhibition cooking station, offers meals such as Hoisin-ginger beef stir fry or a Thai chicken...
- Local motion. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p24
Presents an interview with several U.S. foodservice executives on local sourcing. Jim Behnke at Gwinnett Hospital System; Lance Gerry at Portage School District; Michael Sweet at Corning Inc.
- Puerto Rico one of Humana's top two markets. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;2/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on the investment of health insurance firm Humana Inc. that will reduce administrative costs in Puerto Rico. Enhancement in customer service; Launch of Smart Suite product; Number of employees in the country.
- Citi Hoping To Cut Another $1B of Costs. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;6/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 108, p1
Reports on the efforts of Citigroup Inc. to lower its expenses for 2002 by one billion dollars. Options under consideration for the cuts; Comparison of revenues and expenses in the first quarter of 2002 with those in the previous year; Consolidation of corporate and consumer banking functions...
- Corporate Fit. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p32
The article features Amy Greenberg, senior vice president at CITI Executive Services. Greenberg's passion for food service has served her well during her 28-year career in the foodservice industry. In dealing with unstable market conditions, Greenberg was able to overcome challenges in...
- Humana Inc. to Present at the Citi 2011 Global Health Care Conference. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2011, p299
The article reports on the scheduled presentation of Humana Inc. senior vice president and chief financial officer (CFO) James H. Bloem at the Citi 2011 Global Health Care Conference to be held on March 3, 2011.
- Humana's C-Store Solution. // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p46
Downtown Louisville, Kentucky-based Humana Inc., is one of the city's largest employers with 5000 employees, occupying both Humana Tower, its corporate headquarters and maintaining operations in five other buildings. As that presence grew in the mid-1990s, as a result of mergers, acquisitions...