Proffitt's re-energizes f/s
- Dillard's plans to sell 26 units of Mercantile. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/4/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 24, p2
Announces the plans of Dillard's Inc. to sell 15 units of its Mercantile Stores to Profitt's Inc. and 11 units to May Department Stores Co. Reason for selling several store units; Discussion on the overlap problems of the company; Revenue of Profitt's for 1997.
- Parisian shareholders agree to merge with Profitt's. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/24/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 58, p35
Reports on the approved merger between retailers Profitt's Inc. and Parisian Inc.
- Profitt's earnings top Wall St.'s estimates. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/23/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 97, p12
Reports on the increase in Profitt's Inc.'s 1997 first-qaurter earnings. Chain's year-ago earnings; 8-cent charge for store pre-opening expenses; Financial performance of Profitt's various business units.
- Max Jones named Herberger's president. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/10/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 110, p4
Reports on the promotion of Max Jones to president and chief executive officer at Herberger's, a division of Proffitt's Inc.
- Proffitt's 4th-quarter net before charges up 24.7%. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/20/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 53, p18
Reports that Profitt's Inc. has increase its earnings before special charges in the fourth quarter of 1997. Estimated additional charges of the company for 1998; Evaluation of R. Brad Martin, chairman and chief executive officer of the company concerning its fourth quarter earnings; Revenue...
- Gould resigns Profitt's post. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/21/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 54, p2
Announces the resignation of W. Thomas Gould, vice chairman of Younkers Inc., after merging with Profitt's Inc.
- Where to Shop for a New Religion. FEIN, JUDITH // Spirituality & Health;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
A review is offered for Museum of World Religions located at the Pacific Department Store in Yungho City, Taiwan.
- Macy's adds salt to Cellar with addition of food hall. Leder, Michelle // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
Reports that in an effort to restore the reputation of Macy's department store as a prime source for comestibles, a wall of video monitors in the New York-based Macy's windows will broadcast 15 hours of cooking every day. Macy's hopes for broadcasting the culinary machinations of 70 on-site...
- Department stores: The big squeeze. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p24A
Focuses on the performance of department stores in the United States in 1995. Sales; Technological developments; Market trends; Comments from industry executives.