Blue Plate focuses on events
- A Food Forecast. Cuadrado, Susan // Special Events;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p41
The article presents U.S. caterers' predictions on what is on its way in, what it on its way out and what is still going strong on event menus. Occasions Caterers of Washington sees taking ingredients when they are in season and curing, canning or saving them for use year-around. Blue Plate...
- Silence is golden. Nelson, Dean; Boisclair, Marc // Restaurant Business;07/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 14, p21
Reports on Blue Plate Catering's 20-year $120 million contract with the Chicago Symphony Center in Illinois to provide noise-reduced food service. Addition of rubber cushions to kitchen equipment; Other proposals given by Blue Plate.
- When business meets pleasure. Hanson, Cynthia // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p36
The article reports that the director of business development for Blue Plate Catering , Jim Horan in his wife Jodi Fyfe found an industry executive with a blue-chip resume. A graduate of Kendall College with a degree in restaurant and hospitality management, she'd spent 10 years in the...
- The Sweet Life. Cuadrado, Susan // Special Events;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p33
The article presents an update on the trends in dessert menus of caterers. Paula LeDuc Fine Catering produced a vintage circus-themes affair for the International Special Events Society (ISES) Northern California Chapter's annual gala, while Blue Plate Catering intends to create different...
- THEME CUISINE. Wardle, Kelly // Special Events;Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p49
Discusses the concept of theme menus. Chinese cuisine prepared by the catering company Blue Plate for the awards dinner party of insurance provider Shand Morahan in Chicago, Illinois; Views of Scarlet Carpenter, a director at Fresh Horizons Catering, on carrying the theme through the event;...
- Caterers Dish on Dessert Trends. Cuadrado, Susan // Special Events Exclusive Insight;8/22/2012, p3
The article presents the views of several caterers in the U.S. on the trends in desserts. Paula LeDuc Fine Catering's Ashley Capra saw a gap in the market for high-end customized dessert buffets in the West Coast. Blue Plate Catering Ltd.'s chef Louella Ann Caringal cites miniature versions of...
- Blue Plate inks contract with Chicago Symphony Orchestra. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p24
Reports that Blue Plate Catering has won the contract to provide foodservice at the Chicago, Illinois-based Symphony Center for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Terms of the contract; Company background.
- Evolving the venue menu. Clarke, Simon // Marketing Event;Jun2001, p31
Looks at food catering at event and exhibition venues in Great Britain. Overview of catering at Excel; Strategy in catering used by NEC Group catering director Patrick Ashe; Reasons for rejecting branded caterers in other venues; Benefits of improved catering. INSETS: Case Study: Earls...
- Bush tucker men. Hitching, Corinne // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4210, p43
Discusses catering for travelers on a journey across the African bush. Benefits for cooks of working on overland tours; Method of cooking used; Menu commonly served.