Veteran chef sets out on own
- Judge berates Stern while upholding rights. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p10
Informs about the retort made by Howard Stern, a radio technician who was indicted on charges of cutting a transmission wire and interrupting a live broadcast, criticizing the judge in several broadcasts in June 1995. Brief on the move of Stern; Other related details.
- Stern threatened by fan. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p46
Reports that Howard Stern, a syndicated radio show host, was threatened by a fan as he arrived to work at WXRK-FM in New York. Name of fan; How the incident occurred; Type of weapon in the fan's procession.
- Stern trending down in Los Angeles. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p34
Looks at Arbitron trend reports from Los Angeles which indicate that Howard Stern and KLSX-FM will likely lose their market-leading position in morning drive in the upcoming winter Arbitron survey. Stern's plans for a book to be published by Simon & Schuster; The Federal Communications...
- The mouth that still roars. Viles, Peter // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p48
Discusses the continued profitability of Howard Stern's morning radio show inspite of his indecency battle with the Federal Communications Commission. Stern's estimated earnings per year; Show's attraction for advertisers; Advertisers on Stern's flagship station WXRK-FM New York; Proof of...
- Prick up your ears. Kruger, B. // Esquire;May92, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Howard Stern, early-morning radio host. Captured the New York market; No competition; Off-beat subject matter; Really funny; Relationship to gays and lesbians.
- The Howard Stern interview. Johnson, R. // Esquire;May92, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p96
Presents an interview with Howard Stern, early-morning radio star. Popularity ratings and salary; Lifestyle; Educational background; Career progress.
- Howie doing? Fleming, Michael // Variety;2/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 4, p4
Reports on producer Steven Chao's interest in radio personality Howard Stern for a documentary akin to Madonna's `Truth or Dare'. Previous deals that Howard Stern did not get.
- Taking a stern look at spring books. Boehlert, Eric // Billboard;8/7/93, Vol. 105 Issue 32, p67
Looks at radio personality Howard Stern's fall from popularity. Early success; Analysis of Arbitron numbers.
- Fall book: Stern's best ever. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p153
Reports on disc jockey Howard Stern's best ratings book in the fall of 1993. Stern's Arbitron ratings in the ten biggest markets where Stern's show airs; Statistics on total average quarter-hour listeners.