Master of the VOD Universe
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Rentrak Develops VOD-Report Roster. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p26
Reports on the move of Rentrak Corp. to offer cable programmers access to video-on-demand content in the U.S. in 2005. Overview of cable networks that have enlisted in the service; Information published by Comcast Corp. for its on-demand programs; Features of the Rentrak reports.
- Comcast Tries Fine Art On Demand. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p17
The article reports that cable operator Comcast has launched GalleryPlayer On Demand, the first high-density (HD) video-on-demand service spotlighting fine art masterpieces and natural photography in the U.S. The still-image views change every minute and are accompanied by synchronized music....
- Now That's a Home Field Advantage. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p18
Presents information on Comcast Philadelphia. Information on the cable market in Philadelphia; Estimated budget allotted by the company to upgrade their cable system in Philadelphia; Expectations of Comcast for its video-on-demand system; Details of several volunteer programs that were launched...
- Disney in Cable VOD Deal. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;11/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on a content-distribution deal announced by the Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. that will make ABC TV prime-time programming and movies available for video-on-demand viewing on cable. The deal will include movies from Disney, Touchstone and Miramax. Initial movie titles...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 209, p3
Focuses on the additional motion pictures to be made available by Comcast to its video-on-demand service in the U.S.
- Comcast and Scripps Team In Local VOD Content Test. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the partnership between cable operators Comcast and Scripp Networks in an aim to test local video-on-demand content in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as of April 2003. Factor which prompted the partnership; Shows that will be featured through the Philadelphia On Demand initiative; Launch...
- Leg Up for NFL Network. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports that the National Football League (NFL) has secured a digital basic carriage deal with multisystem operator (MSO) Comcast Corp. for its NFL Network. Number of digital cable subscribers of Comcast Corp.; Information on some of the video-on-demand offerings that will be made available to...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.