Master of the VOD Universe
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Rentrak Develops VOD-Report Roster. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p26
Reports on the move of Rentrak Corp. to offer cable programmers access to video-on-demand content in the U.S. in 2005. Overview of cable networks that have enlisted in the service; Information published by Comcast Corp. for its on-demand programs; Features of the Rentrak reports.
- Comcast and Scripps Team In Local VOD Content Test. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the partnership between cable operators Comcast and Scripp Networks in an aim to test local video-on-demand content in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as of April 2003. Factor which prompted the partnership; Shows that will be featured through the Philadelphia On Demand initiative; Launch...
- Leg Up for NFL Network. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports that the National Football League (NFL) has secured a digital basic carriage deal with multisystem operator (MSO) Comcast Corp. for its NFL Network. Number of digital cable subscribers of Comcast Corp.; Information on some of the video-on-demand offerings that will be made available to...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.
- Taking Measure of VOD. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p21
Focuses on a service to be offered by cable company Comcast Corp. which supplies programmers and advertisers with video-on-demand (VOD) usage reports. Importance of the reports to cable operators; Number of VOD titles in the library of Comcast; Involvement of Comcast with Rentrak Corp. in...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.
- Comcast Tries Fine Art On Demand. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p17
The article reports that cable operator Comcast has launched GalleryPlayer On Demand, the first high-density (HD) video-on-demand service spotlighting fine art masterpieces and natural photography in the U.S. The still-image views change every minute and are accompanied by synchronized music....
- Now That's a Home Field Advantage. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p18
Presents information on Comcast Philadelphia. Information on the cable market in Philadelphia; Estimated budget allotted by the company to upgrade their cable system in Philadelphia; Expectations of Comcast for its video-on-demand system; Details of several volunteer programs that were launched...