Mergers Fuel Growth At Dorel Industries
- Common Sense… And a Retainer. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 34, p26
Interviews Meritage Corp. chief financial officer Larry Seay. Meritage's acquisition of Citation Homes Central acquisition; Common mistakes of investment bankers dealing with the company; Changes in the company's relationship with bankers and analysts since Sarbanes-Oxley and the global research...
- Dorel acquires French producer Ampa. // Kids Today;Mar2003, p19
Reports on Dorel Industries' acquisition of French producer Ampa Group. Estimated value of the deal; Dorel's expansion plans; Financial plans of Ampa for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2002.
- Dorel acquires Carina. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Carina Furniture Industries by Dorel Industries Inc. in Toronto, Ontario. Increase sales of ready-to-assemble furniture; Increase of market presence in retail sectors; Increase of earnings per share.
- Financial executives expect to reshape corporate America. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the results of a poll by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants indicating that realignments of business operations will continue in the foreseeable future. Expanded role of financial executives; Availability of business data on high-speed computer networks.
- Chief Executives Sound Off on M&A Advice and Where They Like to Get It. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the strong demand for the advice from general counsels regarding merger and acquisitions, according to a survey. Percentage of executives that wanted more strategic input from general counsel on non-litigation work; Issues that ranked last in the concerns of chief executive officers.
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/1/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p14
A calendar of events for the Detroit, Michigan area in June 2009 is presented which includes the ACG Detroit 3rd Annual M&A Conference, an event called Midwest Technology Leaders 2009 and the CFO Executive Summit 2009.
- AUTO NEWS digest. // Automotive News;9/9/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6001, p41
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 2002. Delay on the launch of Smart minicar by DaimlerChrysler; Selection of Hans Dieter Poetsch for the position of chief financial officer of Volkswagen AG; Acquisition of Vista Automotive Group by AutoNation Inc.
- Fleet Capital Findings Reveal Mid-market Cos. Are Hot for Deals. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;04/19/99, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p10
Offers information on a survey of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities of middle-market manufacturers conducted by Fleet Capital Corp. Annual sales of chief financial officers of public and private companies; Percentage of the companies surveyed that have engaged in M&A; Market performance...
- CFOs pine for help, but who isn't these days? // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p19
This section offers business news briefs in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of November 8, 2010. Thirty-eight percent of company chief financial officers (CFOs) would prefer to have another party do the basic clerical/administrative part of their job. More than half of respondents in a Mergers &...