Compass/Thompson in venture
- Compass links with MBE. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Provides an overview on Compass Group North American Division's partnership with Thompson Hospitality Corp. to create Thompson Hospital Service Corp., a minority-owned franchised food operation. Target customers.
- in brief. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p22
The article offers news briefs related to food service in the U.S. Thompson Hospitality Inc. announced its acquisition of Austin Grill Co., a Tex-Mex commercial restaurant chain. The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association accepted the 2007 Silver Plate Awards nomination. Compass...
- RA Restaurant Unit Spun Off. // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the spinoff of Compass Group's Restaurant Associates (RA) division into a separate private company in a buyout negotiated by RA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Nick Valenti and Patina Group CEO Joachim Splichal. The Special Events Catering units is excluded from the deal....
- THI, a new franchise co. // Black Enterprise;Oct92, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
Describes the purchase of 40 of Marriot's Bob's Big Boy restaurants by Warren M. Thompson's newly created Thompson Hospitality Inc. (THI) and Shoney's Inc. Thompson's resignation from post at Marriott; Covenant with Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) to promote minority business...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.