Doing Their Part
- Creating Class Leaders. // Kiwi;Mar/Apr2008, p54
An interview with Greg Christian, founder and chairman of the Organic School Project, is presented. When asked how to upgrade food so that children will still eat it, he recommends feeding children with food that is already on the menu, then changing it slowly that children will not even notice....
- Well on Their Way. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
The article presents an interview with several school food service directors in the U.S. about the implementation of mandated wellness policies in their districts under the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act of 2004. The efforts of Mary Lou Henry of Knox County Schools in Knoxville, Tennessee...
- Schools of Thoughts. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Interviews several school food service directors in the U.S. regarding their efforts to control food allergies in school children. Christine Farneti; Penny McConnell; Dora Rivas; Jeff Denton.
- The Wholesome Chef. PASCOPELLA, ANGELA // District Administration;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p38
An interview with Jim Rowan, the food service director for two school districts, one in Washington State, the other in Oregon, is presented. Rowan switched from working in college food service to K12 (Kindergarten through 12th grade) food service. Topics include the price per plate of food...
- SOS Greets St. Peter. ALEXANDER, CHARLES // Between the Lines (10807551);8/11/2011, Issue 1932, p11
The author reflects on the life and transformation of murder suspect David Berkowitz in the U.S.
- Son of Sam. Breslin, Jimmy // New York;4/19/93, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p152
Focuses on the 1977 story of serial killer Son of Sam. David Berkowitz and his crimes; His victims; The details; Relationship with the author; More.
- Why, suddenly, so much son of Sam? Feld, David // New York;11/22/93, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p14
Reports on media coverage of David Berkowitz's murder spree in 1977 in the `Daily News' and the New York `Post.' `Inside Edition's' exclusive interview with Berkowitz; Number of copies sold.
- Jimmy Breslin. Sherman, Scott // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p82
Reports on the significant role played by reporter Jimmy Breslin in the capture of New York City's madman, David Berkowitz, also known as Son of Adam, in 1977. Information on the letter sent by Berkowitz to Breslin.
- Expensive Talk, Cheap Talk? Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;07/12/99, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p9
Presents news on journalists in July 1999. Offers to buy the rights for the interview sessions with serial murderer David Berkowitz; Information on Tina Brown's magazine, `Talk.'