TODD COLE ON THE CORPORATE MARRIAGES OF CIT
- Glass Steagall's End Will Stimulate Deals. Pratt, Ben // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the implications of the end of Glass Steagall Act limitations on mergers between financial services companies and insurance firms in the United States. Predictions on merger and acquisition activity; Assessment of the forces driving mergers and acquisitions.
- Third Q M&A: Megadeals Roar Back. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p1
Discusses the return of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the United States (U.S.) in the third quarter of 2000. Details on the M&A in the financial services sector; Revenues posted by M&A in several sectors of the economy; Details on the M&A completed outside U.S.
- Wall St. hunters become hunted. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;09/18/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the New York City-based financial services companies which have become acquisition targets. Reasons behind the transformation of firms classified as acquirers into acquisition targets; Price tag for financial acquisitions; Terms of recent acquisition deals.
- Finance sector has busy quarter. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;6/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the performance of the banking and finance sector during the first quarter of 1995, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. Increase in merger and acquisition activity; Number and value of deals; Merger deals cited.
- Making change in the financial industry. Larcen, Dell // U.S. Banker;Nov99, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p80
Comments on the challenges of consolidations for United States financial services companies. Preparation for the combination of resources; Development of a plan for dealing with management issues; Maintenance of harmony within the organization.
- Product elimination: A barrier to successful financial service sector company mergers? Harness, David; Marr, Norman // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Sep2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p67
Presents a study that identified product elimination practices in the retail financing services industry during mergers in Great Britain. Impact of constraints on the product elimination process for merged businesses; Discussion on problems associated with full product elimination; Factors that...
- Consolidate or die. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;10/06/2000, p47
Reports on the emergence of a consolidation trend in the financial services sector of South Africa. Impact of the liquidity crunch and evaporating deal flow in the sector; Potential problems that are preventing consolidation in the sector.
- Top line-of-business acquisitions announced. // American Banker;2/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p22A
Presents a roundup of the major acquisition deals involving financial services companies in the United States in 1998. Credit card portfolios; Mortgage banking operations; Specialty finance companies; Trust services.
- The Convergence of Financial Services. // LAN: Life Association News;Jun99, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the convergence in the financial services industry. Factors affecting the industry; Information on the study `Collaborative Economics'; Opportunities from the consolidation and mergers of insurance companies and other financial institutions.