A web of wonder
- Tips for better accessory sales. LESTER, THOMAS // Home Accents Today;Jul2014, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p86
In this article, author suggests several tips for enhancing accessory sales of home furnishing and furniture industry. These tips include demonstration of the value of accessories, need of proper visualization towards a scale and balance for furnishing accessories and table tops as lowest margin...
- Protect your most precious assets. Clark, Simon; Llewellyn, Gavin // Cabinet Maker;2/8/2008, Issue 5574, p20
The article presents the first of a series of articles on intellectual property. Furniture companies top the list of industries which have filed Community Design Registrations. With this, the furniture industry suffers from one of the highest rates of design copying. Those companies which have...
- THE VERANDA SOURCEBOOK. // Veranda;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p187
A directory for house furnishings and firms in the U.S. is presented.
- WHAT'S NEW. // Housewares;Apr2000, Issue 151, p40
Features houseware products launched in Great Britain as of April 2000.
- Homeward bounding. Wilke, Michael // Advertising Age;4/17/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the popularity of the home furnishing business in the United States. Consumers' preference for entertaining at home; Kinds of home items popular among homestore buyers; Department stores' competition with homestores.
- Despite weak economy, housewares business 'generally robust,' says IHA. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;3/5/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the state of the houseware industry as of March 2001. Optimism expressed by International Housewares Show officials for the industry; Possible increase in consolidation in the retail sector.
- Where to buy. // Australian House & Garden;Feb2008, Issue 2, p190
A list is presented that offers information on stockists of house furnishing products in Australia including Cadry's Handwoven Rugs, Duce Timber Windows & Doors and Pod Interior Design.
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.
- Survey suggests specialization on wane. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, pS2
Presents a survey on lamps and lighting by Home Accents Today in the United States. Dependence of vendors on foreign sourcing; Dominance of specialty stores among retail sales; Participation of small businesses in the survey; Impact of the survey on the home accent furniture industry.