An interview with Amira Aaron, director of academic services, The Faxon Company
- Faxon cuts credit deal with publishers. DiMattia, Susan; St. Lifer, Evan // Library Journal;1/1/1994, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p30
States that Faxon, the serials subscription agency, is actively pursuing special credit considerations from periodical publishers. Excerpt from a letter to Faxon customers; Reaction at Elsevier, the publisher with the most money at risk; What Faxon's credit problems stem from.
- The Faxon Company to Launch Acquire, Supports OCLC Online Collections. // Information Today;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p48
Presents information pertaining to the Faxon Company. Information on the launch of electronic end-user acquisition system called, Faxon Acquire; Details on the features of Faxon Acquire; Information on the cooperative agreement Faxon Company signed with OCLC to offer subscriptions to electronic...
- SIRSI, Ameritech Electronic claims services from Faxon. // Information Today;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p51
States that clients using the SIRSI Unicorn 98.2 system or the Ameritech Horizon 4.2 system with the serials module, can use ftp X12 claims to Faxon Company. Information on Faxon's work in the library and publishing communities; Comments from Faxon's Bob Boissy.
- Faxon downsizing cuts 37 jobs. // American Libraries;Nov92, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p831
Reports Faxon President Richard Rowe has written to the firm's customers to inform them of organizational changes made necessary by `languishing economies.' How his letter says 37 jobs have been eliminated; Kevin Butler, manager of marketing communications denied any imposed pay cuts; Details.
- Vendor profiles. Barber, David // Library Technology Reports;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p574
Profiles Faxon Corp., a book vendor based in Westwood, Massachusetts. Overview of services rendered; Electronic data interchange (EDI) activity; Online ordering.
- Faxon price projection update. Marmion, Dan // Computers in Libraries;Jun95, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p13
Informs about the 1996 subscription price projection updating by the Faxon Company.
- Faxon reorganizes; cuts 35, directors. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p20
Announces serials subscription agent Faxon of Westwood, Mass. has eliminated 35 positions, as well as the directors of two divisions. Dramatically changing subscription business; Marketing director Chuck Farrell; Consolidation of four traditional markets; Layoffs.
- Faxon unveils its newly designed Web site. // Computers in Libraries;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p47
Announces that the Faxon Company, Inc. has enhanced its World Wide Web site by including an online searchable catalog of popular titles as well as information on electronic journals and links to publishers on the Internet. Brief details about the Web site; Vendor contact information.
- Faxon offers new access to Boston Consortium records. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;8/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p20
Reveals that Faxon offers access to Boston Library Consortium (BLC) records to its users. Estimated records of the BLC.