Learning how to develop entrepreneurs
- A practical retirement guide for baby boomers. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;4/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p18
Editorial. Focuses on financing retirement of the postwar generation of Americans. Private pensions; Personal investment plans; Incentives; Importance of deferred taxes.
- Will you be ready for 2015? Bustinduy, Cynthia // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Apr92, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p35
Presents a discussion on the retirement of the baby boom generation in the United States on the year 2015. Factors affecting the security of future retirees; Changes in the Social Security System and the cost of health care.
- Preventing nest eggs from cracking. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/02/96, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p21
Focuses on the outlook for the baby boom generation in the United States who will be retiring within the next 20 years. Factors that will affect the future financial status of baby boomers; Rise in personal bankruptcies among baby boomers; Reason why a financial plan is needed now by baby...
- What Will the Boomer Market Look Like? Miller, Kim // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul2000, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the different behaviors and attitudes of Baby Boomers toward retirement. Description of the Boomers; Reason that Baby Boomers are less sentimental about their homes than their parents and grandparents; Steps to attract Boomers; Background on a community-specific Intranet prepared by...
- Rethinking retirement. Mergenhagen, Paula // American Demographics;Jun94, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the factors that affect the baby boomers' retirement. Bureau of Labor Statistics's report; Reason for the decrease in retirement age between 1970 and the mid-1980s; Disability as an important contributor to early retirement. INSET: Groceries over grandchildren, by Patricia Braus..
- Retirement can be a no-win situation. // Secretary;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the impact of the United States retirement and pension system to the millions of babyboomers that will retire in the next decade. Issue over underfunding of state and local pension plans; Suggestions to remedy the situation.
- Sun City gets boomerized. Mergenhagen, Paula // American Demographics;Aug96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p16
Highlights the Del Webb Corp. survey which revealed the desire of Sun City, Arizona's oldest baby boomers, those turning 50, to work after they have retired. Median age of retirement; Median amount accrued by the respondents by age 50; Boomers' plan to move to another state when they retire;...
- A booming retirement: Baby boomers hit 50 in '96. Messina, Lawrence J.; Campanello, Johnny // Business Press;04/12/96, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p9
Discusses the implications of the fact that the first wave of baby boomers are scheduled to retire in 1996. Lack of savings for retirement; Limitations of Social Security and pension plans; Need for savings to maintain present standard of living.
- Boomers Will Redefine Retirement. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/24/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 47, p13
Predicts that the baby boomer generation will redefine the nature of retirement in the U.S. Importance of developing financial literacy among baby boomers; Retirement issues that must be given priority by baby boomers. INSET: Setting Goals Builds Retirement Confidence, Survey Finds.