Making a connection
- Reaching out. ADAMS, MICHAEL; KLARA, ROBERT // Restaurant Business;01/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on the employment of disabled people as member of a food service crew. Reason behind the employment of disabled people at Ryan's Family Steakhouse in South Carolina; Benefits of hiring people with disabilities; Disadvantages facing disabled employees.
- Diversity at work: Hispanics. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/24/99, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p226
Focuses on employment of disabled persons in the food service industry in the United States. Aramark Sports and Entertainment Services' hiring of disabled persons in partnership with the Federation of Employment Guidance Services.
- CONTRACTOR: Food/Beverage. // Contract Management;2006 Supplement, p33
The article provides information about the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Program, a Vienna, Virginia-based food and beverage contractor under the National Institute for the Severely Handicapped.
- Hiring disabled workers won't handicap business; the challenge is getting past preconceived notions. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p25
The article discusses the trend in hiring employees with disabilities in the food service industry in the United States. The author defines disabilities as physical or mental impairments that prevent individuals or long-term basis from being able to carry out normal, everyday activities. He also...
- The Awareness Factor: A Management Skills Seminar. Schweitzer, Nancy J.; Deely, John // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar81, Vol. 47 Issue 1
Describes a corporate management training program designed to meet affirmative action program requirement for disabled person in the United States. Description of awareness factor; Clarification on attitude affecting decision making processes; Provision of information critical to effective...
- LETTERS. Williams Jr., James E. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p46
Presents a letter to the editor commending an article focused on accommodating all employees, particularly the handicapped, in a food service operation.
- Disabled people lose out in senior management roles. // Community Care;10/1/2009, Issue 1789, p8
The article focuses on an interim report from disability network Radar's Doing Seniority Differently project, which implies that disabled people lose out in senior management roles. The report also found the strong evidence of stigma, with most disabled people in senior roles who could hide...
- Building Employment Options for Persons with Disabilities. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Mar2003, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p10
Interviews Mary Alice Walker, director of Minnesota's Pathways to Employment and chair of the Center for Workers with Disabilities. Role as director of Pathways to Employment in Minnesota and as chair of the Center for Workers with Disabilities; Overview of the Medicaid Infrastructure Grant...
- Greet our 2009 Panel of Experts. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p6
The article features several executives at the 2008 Panel of Experts in the U.S. It states that Sodexo's district manager Bob Pfeifer is responsible for 95 million pounds of annualized volume being processed in five facilities for more than 50 hospitals. Duane Farrington, vice president of...