The Royal Treatment
- And 1 Lands Apparel Deal with High Life. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
The article presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. The licensing agreement between And 1 and High Life Apparel is mentioned. Adidas launched its +F50 Tunit soccer boot.
- Dick's Gains Umbro License. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p11
This article discusses the sporting goods industry during 2006. In 2006, Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. signed an exclusive agreement with Umbro, a popular Great Britain-based sporting goods company. The contract will make Dick's Sporting Goods the exclusive retailer of Umbro sporting goods in the...
- NFL HEADS TO 5TH & OCEAN. // SGB;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the licensing deal of Miami, Florida-based company 5th & Ocean with the U.S. National Football League to design and produce a line of junior-inspired activewear in 2004. Collections of clothing to be retailed by the company; Factors that contribute to the improvement of the sports...
- Fashion Runways Reinventin Fandom. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Nov2014, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the sports fan apparel trends, which were influenced by the fashion industry. It highlights some of the retailers of major fan apparel, including Touch by Alyssa Milano, '47 Brand, and Majestic Athletic, along with their offerings for 2015. It notes that fashion's influenced...
- Chips fly as baseball's return cheers bat makers. Walker, Sam // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 91, p1
Informs about the up-beat mood in bat-making industry and food vending companies with the return of major league season in baseball from April 26, 1995. Examples.
- Ben 10 Sports Bikes, Boards; Crazy like a Fox Reality Viewer? Ebenkamp, Becky; Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;3/12/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses how the Cartoon Network is planning to create a line of sporting goods involving the channel's popular cartoon television show "Ben 10." The sporting goods will include Huffy Bikes, Bravo Sports skateboards and protective gear from Bell Sports. The products are projected to...
- The licensing game: High-stakes juggling of image and growth. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/6/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 67, p1
Part I. Examines the growth of licensing deals in the retail business. Disadvantages of a licensing deal; European companies' curtailment of their licensing deals to recover control of their brands; Overview on several licensing deals in the market.
- Short Takes: LICENSING. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov2002, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p114
Announces the licensing agreements in the specialty retail trade. Launch of 'Men in Black' and 'Men in Black II' movie items from Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Company; Yo Girl! jewelry products from EFX Marketing; Rubber stamps and accessories featuring Anna Griffin Inc. designs under Plaid brand.
- New licensing agreement. // Discount Store News;9/6/93, Vol. 32 Issue 17, pA42
Reports on licensing agreements in the retail industry as of August 1993. Pagoda Trading Co.'s licensing agreement with Walt Disney Co. to design and market a complete line of footwear; Sun Sportswear's addition to its line of licensed products Looney Tune characters, National Hockey League...