Offering no offence
- Bowman joins Thomasville as NSM. // Furniture/Today;2/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that Thomasville Furniture Industries Inc. has hired retail veteran Kevin Bowman as national sales manager. He reports to Jamie Collins, vice president of sales and retail development, and succeeds Adam Tilley, who was named merchandising/marketing manager. In November,...
- SALES. // Furniture/Today;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p30
Reports on the appointment of sales executives in the furniture industry. Promotion of Ray Hutchison to the post of sales conductor for the Great Britain division of the Daniel Lynch Sales Co.; Appointment of Mark Bates as sales representative for Elite Leather Co.
- Schweiger taps Prochaska. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the selection of Barry Prochaska as national sales manager of Schweiger Upholstery in Wisconsin. Career history; Responsibilities of Prochaska.
- Gutierrez is appointed Big Tree sales manager. // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the appointment of Jim Gutierrez as sales manager at the Chino, California-based futon and bedroom furniture manufacturer, Big Tree Furniture Co. Career history; Expertise in furniture selling and marketing; Contributions to the furniture industry and trade.
- Agents of mercy. // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2003, Issue 5339, p3
Comments on low supply of sales agents in the furniture market in Great Britain.
- The Moderating Effect of Managerial Sales Orientations on Salespersons' Role Stress-Job... Sumrall, Delia A.; Sebastianelli, Rose // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Winter99, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p72
Presents information on a study which examined how sales managers perceive top management sales orientation and its impact on sales managers' behavior with both top management and salesperson. Hypotheses; Variables in the study; Testing for moderator effects; Managerial implications; Limitations.
- Sales Managers: Marketing's Best Example of the Peter Principle? Anderson, Rolph E.; Dubinsky, Alan J. // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on sales managers. Perspectives from salespeople, customers, sales managers and top management on sales managers; Research findings about sales executives; Systems in choosing and developing sales managers; Guidelines to follow by selected sales managers.
- INFRASTRUCTURE DECISIONS. MILLER, WILLIAM "SKIP" // More ProActive Sales Management: Avoid the Mistakes Even Great S;2009, p119
The article presents the infrastructure mistakes committed by managers as discussed in chapters 15 through 20.
- 10 laws for sales managers. Lontos, Pam // Executive Excellence;Mar1999, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
Provides guidelines to be an effective sales manager. Advice in treating salespeople; Impact of salespeople effort on the company; Importance on giving recognition and praises; Significance of relaying positive attitude; Sales meeting as time for learning and practicing sales techniques.