Giambastiani: Change in Culture Key to Joint Transformation
- Soldier gets to meet with admiral. // Malakoff News (TX);10/20/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 42, p3A
The article reports that Pfc. Lauren Hebrank has received the opportunity of meeting U.S. Navy Four-star Admiral Edmund P. Giambastiani in Texas. According to the report, Giambastiani was treated to a special luncheon for his visit for an inspection and Hebrank was one of the host participants...
- A tale of two cities. Tyler, E. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul99, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p28
Compares units of the United States Navy in Washington D.C. and Yokosuka, Japan. Differences in the two units' corporate culture; Attractions to naval officers of getting posted in Washington; Objective of maintaining for sea duty for places such as Yokosuka.
- U.S. Navy: Steering Strategy With Executive Development. Summerfield, Brian // Chief Learning Officer;Oct2004, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p50
The article provides information about the U.S. Navy's steering strategy with executive development. During its 228-year history, the U.S. Navy has transformed from a force of a few ships into the master of the seas, with the largest and most multifaceted fleet in the world. Along the way, it...
- Blue-Water Management Wisdom. Civik, Jim // Government Executive;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on management lessons learned by the author from his nine-year stint with the United States Navy. Importance of continuous learning; Development of a solution to a problem before presenting both to the manager; Consequences of asking superiors for advice; Finding remedies to a problem...
- Disposable dinnerware. D.S.; Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Nov95, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the efforts of the Navy to develop solutions for trash disposal while at sea. Congressional order to comply with international treaties; Amount spent to develop a processor; Potential solution.
- ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY READY FOR AN EMERGENCY? Lewis, Zona // All Hands;Jul2007, Issue 1083, p36
The article discusses the role of the U.S. Navy community in planning for emergencies.
- Speaking with Sailors. Watkins, Key // All Hands;Nov2008, Issue 1100, p4
The article provides an answer to a question of where U.S. Navy personnel can find safe havens in cases of emergencies.
- Enlisted update... // All Hands;Apr96, Issue 948, p4
Discusses some of the major personnel issues the Navy will address in 1996. Advancement exams; Sea/shore rotation; Conversion opportunities; Pay; Suicide prevention.
- Taking care of our own. // All Hands;Apr96, Issue 948, p12
Reports on several programs created by the Navy to support its service members and their families. Financial aid for those planning to adopt; Marrying foreign-born spouses; Morale, Welfare and recreation programs. INSET: Ombudsmen, groups offer special support..