Exceptional customer service takes the `Ritz' touch
- CORBETT JOINS RITZ-CARLTON WESTCHESTER. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/7/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 49, p31
The article announces that Alex Corbett was appointed senior sales manager of The Ritz-Carlton, Weschester hotel's catering in White Plains, New York.
- Simon Cooper is New Ritz Chief. // Lodging Hospitality;Feb2001, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p22
Announces the succession of Simon Cooper as president and chief operating officer of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co. Career background of Cooper.
- welcome TO AVALON. TORO, MARK // Atlanta;Nov2014, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p131
The article reports on the launch of the Avalon, a mixed-use development located in Alpharetta, Georgia. The said commercial building includes specialty retailers, restaurants, and entertainment facilities. A Ritz-Carlton-trained Concierge team is also tasked to provide resort-inspired...
- THE RITZ-CARLTON, GRAND CAYMAN'S: MARC LANGEVIN. Terrero, Ruthanne // Hotel Management (21582122);9/1/2011, Vol. 226 Issue 11, p22
The article profiles Marc Langevin, general manager of the Ritz-Carlton resorts in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. It explores Langevin's career experiences within the hospitality industry, noting how summer jobs aided in how he became involved within the hospitality business. It discusses how...
- It's a tough job but someone has to do it! Liston, James // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/30/2011, Issue 2965, p36
The article presents insights from employees in the hotel industry in relation to their jobs. Anantara Golden Triangle Resort director of elephants John Roberts says that his work is to provide guests with elephant experience, while viticulturist Alison Hughes offers information on English wines...
- Training, training, training: The new mantra. Rach, Lalia // Lodging Hospitality;Apr98, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
Presents a questions and answers on the importance of hotels while reassessing their commitment to training employees in the field of quality customer service. Factors which should be considered by hotels when training hotel staff; How training will determine whether visitors and guests receive...
- Role playing for better service. // Lodging Hospitality;Feb97, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the release of `The Personal Service Game II,' a training manual for employees in the hospitality industry in the United States. Developers of the training program; Utilization of role play as a training technique.
- Step-ladder to a job. Tipling, Carmen // UNESCO Sources;Apr96, Issue 78, p14
Reports on how a partnership between Jamaica's Training Institute and tourist industry help the country's young people learn the ropes of the hotel business. Features of the program sponsored by the Runaway Heart Hotel.
- Marriott's cross-training. Lowe, Caroline // Leisure & Hospitality Business;11/29/2001, p14
Provides information on the employee training program at the London Marriott Marble Arch Hotel. How the scheme works; Benefits of the scheme; Assessment of the program; Modification of the scheme.