Drawing on the best
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p17
The article features various reproduction furniture maker with information on their product offerings and designs, which include Charles Barr Furniture and its Corinthian collection of furniture, Tudor Oak and its Tudor Oak Furniture, and Strongbow.
- Leading retailers create excitement in different ways. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p20
Cites key issues relevant to the U.S. furniture industry that were discussed by a panel of merchandising executives from the sector. Proactive relationships with consumers and suppliers; Marketing initiatives; Growth targets and strategies.
- SLEEPING WELL. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2008, Issue 5613, p16
The article reports on the stability of the bed market of Great Britain amidst the country's economic downturn in 2008. It is claimed that bed sales continue to flourish, with more new ranges are being introduced by various companies. One of these companies is Charles Barr Furniture, which...
- EAT YOUR HEART OUT. // Cabinet Maker;8/28/2009, Issue 5652, p16
The article features new styles and materials for dining room furniture from various furniture manufacturing industries in Great Britain. Alfrank Design Ltd., which specializes in marbles, featured its octagonal version of the dining set. Nathan Furniture Ltd. launched its Parisienne dining room...
- She's on the ball with a hairband. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p39
Presents an interview with Anna Edwards, marketing director of Comfyballs, regarding her career in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Career influences; Motivations in the furniture business; Ideas for the improvement of the industry.
- Brady-Proesch gets Jackson marketing post. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p24
Reports on the selection of Pam Brady-Proesch as marketing executive of Jackson Furniture Industries in Tennessee. Career history of Brady-Proesch; Responsibility of the manager.
- 'Buying furniture is an emotional frightening experience' // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Discusses Lexington Home Brands vice president of marketing Marybeth Cornwell's assessment of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Career background; Comparison of the market with other industries.
- Laura Ashley reshuffle. // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p5
Reports that the departure of Laura Ashley marketing and public relations director Ann Donaghy has prompted a restructuring of the British furniture retailer's marketing department.
- Bosses gen up on cost cutting. // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p6
Reports the convention of furniture manufacturers top executives on subsidized lean manufacturing course in Manchester, England. Objectives of Accelerated Route to Lean Manufacturing course; Contact online information of the course; Focus on the subsidy based on the European Social Fund.