Nigel Unwin threw himself into top gear for last month's London Motor Show
- Daewoo zeros-in on U.S. students. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;4/6/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5760, p3
Focuses on Korean automaker Daewoo Motor Co.'s plans to market its three-vehicle lineup to college students in the United States. The company to rely on word-of-mouth marketing; Comment from Daewoo Chairman Kim WooChoong; Problems to Daewoo's approach.
- Can-do Daewoo tries new tactics. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;7/26/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5830, p3
Reports on Daewoo Motor America's shift of its retail marketing tactics. Plan to enlist independent dealers and offer cash incentives; Brand models automaker is introducing in the United States; Termination of parts of college student marketing program; Expansion of advertising tactics to...
- Struggling Daewoo ends direct-sales experiment. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;05/21/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the sales loss posted by Daewoo Motor in Europe for the first four months of 2001. Marketing strategy of Daewoo; Dealers recruited by the company to achieve its market share goal; Areas in Europe with declining car sales.
- Eggs, bread -- and a discount Daewoo. Farhi, Stephane // Automotive News;06/28/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5826, p46
Reports that French supermarket giant Casino is selling heavily discounted new Daewoo cars without the approval of Daewoo Automobile France. Possible impact on the Daewoo network in France and the future of Europe's care-retailing laws; Selling price for Daewoo Nubira; Daewoo dealer price for...
- Post-graduate studies. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, pAM17
Reports on Daewoo's plan to use its student salespeople toward off-campus events and slightly older crowd in the United States. Launch of the company's first television campaign; Sales performance of the college students that the company have signed up for the sales program. INSET: Personal...
- Daewoo extends its marketing with the aid of Perspectives. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign (UK);03/10/2000, Issue 10, p8
Reports on London, England-based marketing communications firm Perspectives' winning of the direct mail and relationship marketing account for car company Daewoo in Great Britain as of March 10, 2000.
- Daewoo sales in Europe could end. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News Europe;11/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p33
States that General Motors (GM) will continue to sell Daewoo cars in Europe and North America only if they can be profitable. Goal of GM for Daewoo; Amount and value of the stakes acquired by GM from Daewoo.
- Daewoo Cars. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Dec96, pI22
Focuses on the success of Daewoo Cars' vehicles through the efforts of marketing director Patrick Farrell. Establishment of retail network to deal directly with customers; Emergence of Daewoo as one of the top 20 car manufacturers in Great Britain; Advertising campaign for Daewoo automobiles.
- Daewoo shops eye other clients. Dawson, Angela; Lucas, Sloane; Osterman, Jim; Jensen, Trevor // Adweek Western Edition;05/11/98, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p49
Reports on the concerns by Daewoo Motor America's four regional creative agencies over the firm's inactive marketing plan and product launch delays in the United States. Possibilities of taking on other car accounts by agencies Ground Zero, Korey Kan & Partners, The Leap Partnership and...