- Thousands Stand Down. // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that fire departments across the U.S. participated in a national stand down for firefighter safety beginning June 21, 2005. The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is continuing to gather information on the national stand down's penetration to fire departments...
- Keep the change. CLEMMENSEN, HANK C. // Fire Chief;Jun2013, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p22
In this article, the author discusses what he has learnt from his experiences while traveling the U.S. as a representative of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and its members. He mentions that from his experiences he found that fire service is changing and so fire departments...
- By Any Other Name. Morris, Gary // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and International Association of Fire Fighters call for a safety stand down. Concern by both organizations about the number of firefighter fatalities that had occurred in the first months of 2005; Concept of safety stand downs; Case...
- VCOS offers insurance resource to help fire departments maintain operations after emergency. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;12/12/2012, p5
The article focuses on a resource about insurance planning released by the Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) of the International Association of Fire Chiefs to help fire departments maintain their operations after an emergency.
- Great Lakes Board focusses on three main areas during two day meeting. Esbensen, George // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the two days of board meetings held by the Great Lakes Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) in Minnesota from February 9-10, 2012. The main areas of interest covered during the meetings include shared services, the future of trade shows for the...
- With new technology, get with the program or get left behind. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/30/2013, p2
The article focuses on fire departments embracing new technologies, which according to John Buckman of the International Association of Fire Chiefs is already part of human's lives so there is a great need for fire departments to use such technologies.
- IAFC, NFPA encourage fire departments to participate in energy-consumption survey. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/19/2013, p1
The article offers information on the nationwide Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS) and the involvement of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in encouraging fire departments to take part in the survey.
- Key Challenges Facing Fire Departments. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article reports on the findings of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) about the challenges and problems faced by the fire departments in the U.S. for 2006. Results revealed that staffing and budget problems remained the most common issues among fire departments....
- IAFC releases report on departments' public image. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the 2013 report â€œTaking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception,â€by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force, which looked at measures to improve the public image of fire departments.