Return with Honor
- The Will of the Tribes. Liu, Melinda // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/18/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6364, p39
During the 1991 Iraq war, in the district of al-Battha, not far from the ancient biblical city of Ur, Iraqi tribal warriors led by Sheik Kadhim Al-Menshab Al-Habib rallied to the side of Baghdad's troops to crush the rebellion. But afterward, on the dusty highway home, the sheik and 14 of his...
- Inside Washington. Adams, Kathleen; Catoggio, Nick // Time;8/14/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p17
Reports that Captain Scott O'Grady who was shot down over Bosnia now plans to leave the Air Force by early fall 1995. His plan to continue his Air Force service as a pilot in the reserves.
- Hero's welcome. Jerome, Richard; Marton, Andrew // People;6/26/95, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p50
Features Scott O'Grady, the US Air Force pilot rescued in a Bosnian forest after his F-16 was downed by a Serb missile. Week spent hiding in the woods; Sustenance during the ordeal; Rescue team; Return to the United States.
- Conflicting accounts. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/12/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 24, p37
Reports that a force for 40 mission and support aircraft rescued Air Force F-16 Capt. Scott O'Grady from Bosnia, amid conflicting statements from top military leaders about why he was ordered into an area with a serious missile threat without adequate warning or support aircraft.
- Golden boy. // American Spectator;Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p14
Reports that United States Air Force hero Scott O'Grady is being convinced by Republican officials to enter politics after leaving the military in late 1996. O'Grady's work on a book about his rescue from Bosnia.
- USAF Capt. Scott O'Grady. Marlantes, Liz // Christian Science Monitor;3/23/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 84, p23
Updates the whereabouts of United States Air Force Captain Scott O'Grady, whose plane was shot down over Bosnia in June 1995.
- The Americanization of Christmas. Adele Shaw, S. // New Republic;1/10/23, Vol. 33 Issue 423, p171
Presents a narration of a celebration of Christmas in the U.S. Ambience in the Fifth Avenue's churches in Washington; Situation in the restaurants; Encirclement by a crowd of a tree in Washington Square, which is a symbol of the brotherhood of mankind; Arrival of a band of soldiers there;...
- All for one. Fedarko, Kevin; Thompson, Mark // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/19/95, Issue 24, p20
Narrates the military rescue operations on American F-16 pilot Captain Scott O'Grady when his plane was gunned down in Serb-controlled territory. Serb evasion strategies; Survival; Efforts to establish contact with allied planes; Reactions of United States President Bill Clinton; Details of the...
- The great rescue. Hart, Michael R. // All Hands;Sep95, Issue 941, p6
Focuses on the role of the United States Navy and Marines in the rescue of Air Force Captain Scott F. O'Grady, whose plane was shot down over Bosnia. Remarks from those involved in the rescue. INSETS: Code of conduct.;The seven enemies of survival..