Room To Zoom
- Tracking the Perfect Storm. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p48
The article presents an interview with Cablevision Systems chief operating officer Tom Rutledge and cable and communications president John Bickham. They comment on the impact of Verizon's FiOS voice, video and data service on the Cablevision. Rutledge and Bickham also discuss the addition of...
- Profit Potential. // Multichannel News;9/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p9
An interview with Chief Executive Officer of Cablevision Systems Corp. Tom Rutledge is presented. When asked about his decision for leaving Cablevision Systems Corp. and joining the company Charter Communications, he refers that the company Charter has a good balance sheet and capital structure....
- Cablevision's New Visionaries. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p6
Interviews Tom Rutledge, COO of Cablevision Systems, and Cablevision president John Bickham on the cable television business. Opinion of Bickham on how Cablevision will differ from Time Warner Cable; Views of Rutledge on the company's base business; Biggest task for the company to grow its...
- Cablevision Tries VoIP Using Its Own Switch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to buy an Internet-protocol telephony soft switch as part of a voice-over-IP test (VoIP). Use of soft switches; Purpose of designing VoIP test.
- Cablevision Ready to Roll Out VoIP. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Cablevision Systems Corp. is coming out with an aggressive plan to roll the Internet-protocol telephony technology out to its entire Optimum Online high-speed data footprint by the third quarter of this year, as of June 2003. The rollout, which will turn up a telephony service passing 3.1...
- Talkin' VoIP: First or Second Line? Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Presents an update on voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) networks and the cable industry in the U.S. as of March 2001. Plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to roll out a trial on Long Island, New York; Issue on whether to provide back-up powering to VoIP; Views on the financial aspect of offering...
- Basic Subscribership: Growth Is Back. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
Offers observations on the growth of basic-cable service in the U.S. Reason behind the growth; Advantages of the voice-over Internet protocol service; Increase in the number of basic subscribers of cable provider Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Cablevision's Optimum Voice to face new rivals. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/28/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p6A
Focuses on the competition to be faced by Cablevision Systems Inc.'s Optimum Voice Internet Telephony service in the United States. Number of the service's subscribers; Call Vantage Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service launched by AT&T; Total subscribers of Vonage; Features of the VoIP...
- Softswitch market gaining momentum. Greene, Tim // Network World;1/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the growth in business for softswitches. Highlights of IP voice services based on the softswitch technology; Comparison between softswitches and circuit-switches; Plans of RBOCs to use the softswitch technology; Reports of introduction of more softswitch-based services.