Wright bombshell: Cable switch an option for NBC
- Nets Seek New Pilots For 2nd Chance at More Laughs. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;2/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the move of some television networks in the U.S. to bring in new comedy television shows for the fall of 2014 after the cancellation of many comedy shows in 2013. Television networks including Fox Broadcasting Co., CBS Broadcasting Inc. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc....
- Football flattens Fox's laffer bows. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/11/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 48, p5
The article reports that Fox's Thursday comedy block failed in its debut opposite strong numbers for the NBC coverage of professional football's opening matches on September 7, 2006. The Pittsburgh Steelers-Miami Dolphins matchup dominated the night and allowed NBC to score big with its return...
- New at the Nets. Pond, Steve // Brandweek;05/31/99, Vol. 40 Issue 22, SPECIAL REPORT: UPFRONT p28
Interviews three television network executives about their plans for programming. Garth Ancier of National Broadcasting Corp.; Doug Herzog of Fox Broadcasting Co.; Susanne Daniels of Warner Bros.
- AYEM KID BIZ LOSING FIZZ. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;12/17/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 5, p30
Deals with children's programming in the television broadcasting industry of the United States. Reason why NBC and Fox do not have a segment for children's programs; Networks with shows for children; Description of competition between networks during Saturday mornings.
- COMPETISH BLINKS AS EYE WINS. Kissell, Rick // Variety;12/6/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 3, p31
Presents information on the performance of several television networks in the U.S. during the November 4-December 1, 2004 period. CBS; NBC; Fox.
- Fox stands strong. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;05/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on television networks' ratings performance in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Ratings rivalry between television networks National Broadcasting Co. Inc. and Fox Broadcasting.
- No Sitcoms to Sell, But Studios Still Sing 'I Will Survive'. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p26
The article forecasts the shortage of situation comedy television shows in 2014 which is said to signal the reliance of broadcasting networks on drama sales to subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services, cable networks and international media buyers. Issues tackled include the syndication of...
- Broadcasters Prepare for Mobile DTV Launch. Arlen, Gary // TV Technology;9/19/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p1
The article offers information regarding the launch of mobile digital television (DTV). It mentions the debut of television channels including Dyle TV and My DTV with innovative approaches such as a shared-channel service in Minnesota's Twin Cities. It also mentions that the Mobile Content...
- ABC, Fox Go to the Wire. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;5/17/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the preparation being made by the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) and Fox for upfront presentations of television show schedules in May 2004. Television programs that ABC and Fox will broadcast; Schedule of television programs being aired by the National Broadcasting Co.