Kelly: Sea Basing Presents 'Infinite Number of Problems' for the Enemy
- Moral Courage: Vital to Navy Leadership. Barlow, Jeffrey G. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p30
Discusses the effort of the United States Navy to integrate the atomic bomb into the fleet as an example of how military leaders display their courage. Revolt of admirals during the carrier aviation campaign; Role of Arthur Radford in tackling the issue; Testimonies of Naval officers before the...
- FLAG OFFICERS NAVY: LINE OFFICERS. // Sea Power;Jan2008, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p165
The article lists the U.S. Navy's flag officers including Michael G. Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gary Roughhead, chief of Naval Operations, and Timothy J. Keating, Pacific Command.
- Don't Punish the Path Less Taken. Pyle, Roger // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2002, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p132
Examines the process of selecting officers for promotion to commander position in the United States Navy. Failure of the selection system to promote officers with non-traditional careers; Criteria for evaluating the performance of Navy officers.
- The Commanders: A Reassessment. Hagan, Kenneth J. // Naval History;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
Reassesses the performance of naval commanders of the United States during World Wars I and II. Aspects of personality common to commanding officers; Combat experiences of naval officers; Career changes of naval officers after the war.
- Create Avenues for Crew Feedback. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2016, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p28
The article reports that U.S. Navy commanding officers need to be active and engaged around the command.
- Are chief warrant officers oxymorons? Knop, Todd C. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2000, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p94
Focuses on chief warrant officers in the United States Navy. Need to put written policies in place; Difference of the chief warrant officer from the pay grade of the rest of the US Navy; Need to consider the rank of the chief warrant officer as equal in rank to a lieutenant junior grade; Rank...
- EDITOR'S PAGE. Timberg, Robert // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2007, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p4
The article presents information on the changes made in the journal "U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings." The redesigned journal is going to be launched in June 2007, and will contain articles that are easily accessible. The main focus of the redesigned journal is on the U.S. Naval Institute and...
- Discovery and Invention. Dorman, Craig E.; Petrik, John F. // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p89
Discusses the strategy employed by the U.S. Navy's Office of Naval Research (ONR) for future naval capabilities (FNC) selected by senior Navy and Marine Corps leaders. Studies about the world beyond the time frame, which are most useful for the purposes of ONR; FNC selected by senior Navy and...
- Spawar Changes Commanding Officers. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p8
Reports the retirement of John Gauss as commander of the San Diego-based Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command in California. Plan of Gauss to seek job at the federal agency; Accomplishments of Gauss; Views on the performance of government procurement.