REFLECTIONS FROM THE VETERANS
- David Bergmann and Kent Noard: Using Form 1040 to Generate Planning Opportunities. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p46
This article presents an interview with Certified Financial Practitioners David Bergman and Kent Noard, who are the strong believers that tax planning can play a viable part in developing a successful financial planning practice. Bergman, a sole practitioner from Northridge, California, serves...
- Unnerving tremors. Landers, Susan // Lambda Book Report;Apr97, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Interviews David Bergman, author of the books of poetry `Cracking the Code' and `The Care and Treatment of the Plain.' How he arranges his writing schedules; View on his poetic works; Persons he considers to be promising writers.
- Media Savvy: Getting It and Using It to Build a Practice. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p88
Presents an interview with three planners and public relation consultants on the importance of media as a marketing strategy. Views of Deborah Voso on the significance of advertising on marketing; Accounts on the popularity of executive Brian Orol at the Financial Planning Association; Insights...
- Building a Practice for Sale. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p81
Interviews financial planner Mark Tibergien. Implications of a disciplined approach to practice management for financial planners; Importance of staffing to the building of a strong firm; Grades advisers receive for managing their practice; Significance of having a succession plan to advisers....
- Take It To The Bank. // Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p82
Interviews several financial planners. Information on their outlook for 2003; Precautionary measures that they will take; Challenges faced by planners.
- Bergman and Bronski on Bears (the Two-Legged Kind) in Literature. Suresha, Ron // Lambda Book Report;Feb2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p12
Interviews cultural critics of gay life, David Bergman and Michael Bronski about the so-called gay Bear culture. Discussion of the 'Song of the Loon' pulp sex novel trilogy by Richard Amory; Views on the book 'In Defense of Beauty'; Outlook on the gay pastoral genre of literature.
- What a financial planner can do for clients. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;08/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p11
Interviews certified financial planner licensee Barbara Shields about financial planning. Times that people should have a financial plan done or updated; Role of the financial planner; Most important thing that a financial planner can do for someone; Value of training as certified trust and...
- Interviewing Clients. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p79
Interviews financial planner Bill Bachrach about client interviewing. Development of client interviewing skills; Suggestions for planners when preparing for their first interview with a client; Ways for planners to measure their interviewing skills.
- Squeezing Profits Out of Practices. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p80
Interviews four financial planners on profitability in financial planning. Challenges faced in maintaining or increasing profit margins; How profits are measured; Strategies for increasing profits.