Buyers Aware: What Advertisers Want
- Agencies warn of consequences of failure to reach retransmission accord. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 29, p42
Reports on advertising agencies' concerns on the retransmission-consent negotiations between television stations and cable operators. Fears that delays would cause drops in audience coverage; Analysis of retransmission consent by Saatchi & Saatchi; Survey of stations by Vitt Media International...
- CNN holds three-way agency pitch. // Marketing Week;8/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the Cable News Network's search for an advertising agency to create an adverting campaign for the cable television network. Agencies bidding for the network's account; Plans of the network in airing advertisements from the winning agency.
- Fit TV seeks shop for relaunch. McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;09/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 37, p3
Reports on cable network Fit TV's plan to conduct an advertising agency search ahead of its relaunch in 1999. Estimated value of the company's advertising account; Relaunch of Fit TV in January 1999 as a 24-hour cable network targeted to women; Aim to be viewed as a network that delivers...
- CNBC hunts agency for ...5m pan-European ad business. // Marketing Week;7/2/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the search by pan-European business channel CNBC for an advertising agency to handle its account across Europe. Value of the account; Comments by Jane Gash, marketing director of CNBC; Details on CNBC.
- CNN seeks image groomer. McMains, Andrew; Krajewski, Steve // Adweek Western Edition;11/23/98, Vol. 48 Issue 47, p35
Reports on Cable News Networks' contacting of at least seven advertising agencies about an undisclosed branding assignment. Agencies contacted.
- 6 stand in Nickelodeon review. McMains, Andrew // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/29/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p8
Reports that six agencies are still competing for Nickelodeon's image account estimated at $15 million. Finalists include Young & Rubicam, Fallon McElligot, DiNoto Lee and Kidvertisers.
- Shops Question CNN Assignment. McMains, Andrew; Sampey, Kathleen; Mack, Ann M. // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/12/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p2
Reports on Cable News Network's search for an advertising agency. Estimated budget; Contenders for the account.
- Go West, Young Net. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/04/99, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p12
Announces the move of cable television network CNBC in establishing an advertising-sales office in San Francisco, California to service its Internet client base. Appointment of Kelly sole as director of Northwest advertising sales; Comments from Bill Bolster, president at CNBC; Details of the...
- Hotline. // Campaign (UK);01/08/99, Issue 1, p3
Reports that the Paramount Channel is looking for an advertising agency and plans to increase its ad spending in the future.