Mastering Time Warner's Future
- Fifth wheel. // Quill;Oct93, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p7
No abstract available.
- Time Warner postpones the future. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;05/12/97, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p23
Opinion. Focuses on Time Warner Inc.'s deployment of a full-service cable television network in Orlando, Florida. Significance of cable TV; Plan to start putting interactive set-top boxes in its cable networks.
- Time Warner unit. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;1/30/95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p38
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s unit Warner Bros.' plan to launch its first overseas cable television network in Latin America.
- Defensive strategy. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p105
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s New York, N.Y.-based cable television system's improvement of its customer service as part of the efforts to prepare for the arrival of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) and other competitors. Scheduling service calls; On-time arrival percentage; Use of Federal...
- TW pacts for Spanish webs. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;6/12/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 47, p6
Reports that Time Warner Inc. (TW) has signed a cable carriage deal with Spanish pubcaster Radiotelevision Espanola for three channels to air on TW' DTV Spanish package in part of New York.
- TW crunches TBS numbers. Dempsey, John // Variety;08/04/97, Vol. 367 Issue 13, p30
Reports on Time Warner's release of its calculations showing how cable television operators will benefit from the company's transformation of its TBS SuperStation network into a basic cable network. Per-subscriber license fees proposed by Time Warner; Projected revenues for cable operators.
- Turnerbout: No women's net. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/16/99, Vol. 129 Issue 34, p16
Reports on Time Warner's decision to postpone its plan to launch the proposed The Women's Channel for-women cable television network. Reasons for the company's decision.
- Turner fights for carriage. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p10
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s legal fight to secure carriage for the Turner South regional cable television channel in the United States. Companies in discussion with Time Warner for carriage commitments; Outcome of Turner's legal dispute with Fox.
- Cable sector rebound tangles TW. Peers, Martin // Variety;1/27/97, Vol. 365 Issue 12, p25
Reports on developments related to cable television business in the United States as of January 27, 1997. Wall Street investors' recovery of their attraction for cable television companies; Impact on Time Warner's efforts to leave the market.