Going his own way
- Consultant: Be a 'hero' to consumers. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p21
Enumerates the tips provided by retail consultant, Donald Cooper, to furniture retailers in terms of strengthening their relationship with customers. Career history of Cooper; Ways of communicating value with customers; Methods of defining and redefining one's business; Steps in creating...
- Q & a your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/03/2000, Issue 5177, p6
Answers various queries relating to customer problems of furniture retailers.
- Knowing your customer. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Comments on the importance of keeping in touch with customers in furniture retailing.
- Opportunity Strikes. // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2011, Issue 5751, p18
The article offers tips for furniture retailers on how to be successful in business. It suggests furniture retailers to make changes or improvements to their shops or stores to increase sales. It tells them to know the number of add ons including pillows, headboards, and mattress covers which...
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR STORE SPARKLE THIS. McKeever, Karl // Cabinet Maker;8/26/2011, Issue 5752, p12
The article offers tips for furniture retailers on how to help maximize sales increase football counts during Christmas season in Great Britain. It suggests the need for retailers to make the most of their selling space and review the store layout to consider what parts of the shop can provide...
- I want to be alone . . . for a while anyway. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2003, Issue 5366, p15
Focuses on the customer relations strategy of the furniture retailers in Great Britain. Enhancement of customer services; Facilitation of proactive approach; Response of the salesperson to customer needs.
- Women are our customers, but we drive them away. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p36
Comments on the need of furniture retailers to have a female-friendly sales practices in the U.S. Use of women-friendly solutions to improve customer experience; Cultivation of respect; Importance for the bedding furniture industry to connect with women.
- Wold: Clever tag lines can be worth millions. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;5/28/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p108
The article reports that consultant Barbara Wold has discussed the importance of clever tag lines at the Western Home Furnishings Association's convention held in Indian Wells, California. Wold said that clever tag lines can make significant impression on prospective customers. She shared tips...
- Roth launches consulting firm. // Furniture/Today;2/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p37
The article reports launching of a consulting firm Roth and Associates by the furnishing industry veteran Ed Roth. An overview of the aims of the associates to help retailers with products of exclusive labels, outsourcing products from China and Vietnam and the cost advantage for retailers, is...