Settling for success
- An alternative view. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p30
Interviews Dominic Holland executive in the furniture industry at the Furniture Awards in Great britain. Views on what constitutes success or job satisfaction; Achievements; Comment about the industry. INSET: Dominic Holland.
- A classic charm. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p26
Interviews Julian Bowen businessman in the furniture industry in England. Achievements; Educational background; Views on job satisfaction.
- Psychological climate: Relevance for sales managers and... Swift, Cathy Owens; Campbell, Constance // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Winter98, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p27
Examines the relationship between sales managers' perceptions of the psychological climate of the organization and their overall job satisfaction. Factor structure for psychological climate; Most important factor in relation with job satisfaction; Conclusion.
- People skills the only way to keep talent. // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p6
Reports the training of line managers in people management skills in Great Britain. Retention of productive employees; Improvement of job satisfaction; Adoption of work-life balance and family friendly policies.
- Factors Affecting Managers' Job Attitudes. Fatehi, K. // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec79, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Discusses the factors which affect managers' attitudes toward their jobs. Satisfaction with pay, autonomy, self-esteem and self-actualization; Inclusion of 19 U.S. manufacturing companies in the study.
- FAREWELL. Tilow, Neil // IARCA Journal on Community Corrections;Jan1993, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The author emphasizes that he feels a great level of satisfaction and pride with his decision in 1993 to leave his post as president of the International Association of Residential and Community Alternatives (IARCA), which he held since September 1989.
- Hire executives who'll stay. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p19
Reports that 42 percent of senior-level executives in the United States change positions every two years, according to the study conducted by researchers at the Cornell University's Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies. Approximate cost of executive replacement; Job satisfaction as the...
- Job satisfaction of the circuit manager. van der Westhuizen, Philip C.; Smit, C.A. // South African Journal of Education;May2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p75
Examines the factors influencing the job satisfaction of circuit managers in Northern Cape, South Africa. Concept of 'job satisfaction' `pertaining to the circuit manager; Less job satisfaction within the working environment; Ways of experiencing job satisfaction.
- How you can rekindle your love affair with the ad industry. Brownstein, Marc // Advertising Age;3/15/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p20
The author offers opinions on career development for advertising executives, suggesting means by which they can retain or regain their enthusiasm for the profession including being more selective in choosing clients and judging an advertising awards competition.