- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- To those who risk their lives for us... CRAFT, MARCUS // 4X4 Australia;Feb2013, Issue 349, p11
The article seeks stories form the readers of the journal on their experiences with real life heroes such as police officers, ambulance staffs, firefighters, and other volunteers.
- FIRE COMPANY NO.1. Fields-Meyer, Thomas; Jerome, Richard; Schindehette, Susan; Bane, Vickie; Boone, Mary; DeQuine, Jeanne; Droganes, Constance; Duffy, Tom; Grout, Pam; Lewis, Laura; Pierce, Ellise; Slania, John; Stambler, Lyndon; Westfall, Jill // People;11/20/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p116
Describes a train which derailed outside Carbondale, Kansas, and the Carbondale Volunteer Fire Department which responded to the emergency.
- Heroes Welcome. Zinczenko, David // Men's Health;Jun2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the heroism attitude on men. Comfortableness of firefighters on telling their tales of heroism; Achievement of heroism on men; Ways of being a hero.
- The Heroic Dream. HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Aug2015, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p8
In this article, the author reflects on heroism and uniqueness of commitment of firefighter and their services to the country. The author that the fire service leadership qualities requires a heroic dream, courage, vision and devotion for fulfillment of those vision. The author also discusses...
- Tell us about a hero you work with. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, Special section p9
The article offers information regarding the invitation of the journal for its "Hero Story" submission in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The journal is encouraging its readers to submit a story which celebrates the heroic and brave deeds of firefighters across the continent and around the globe. The...
- Edward Fitzsimmons. Fitzsimmons, Edward // Teen Ink;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p40
The article offers information why the author considers his father, Edward Fitzsimmons, a hero. Fitzsimmons works as a police psychologist for the New York City Police Department. On September 11, 2001, he was at Ground Zero to counsel and console the family of missing police officers. According...
- Firefighters. Kosierowski, Scott // Teen Ink;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p46
The article acknowledges the heroism of firemen and women who lost their lives during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The author states that these people have the will to live and preserve the lives of others. He mentions that he dreamed of becoming a fireman when he was younger so he...
- THE GOODNESS OF AMERICA. Clabough, Raven // New American (08856540);1/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p33
The article highlights several incidents which reflect the courage, heroism, and goodness of the Americans. The firefighters at Delta-Cardiff Fire Company received the Animal Rescue Award from the York-Adams Chapter of the American Re Cross for their heroic act in saving a family Labrador...