One of the family
- Alstons joins Harrington Mill line-up. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2010, Issue 5703, p6
The article reports on the debut of furniture manufacturer Alstons at the Harrington Mill Exhibition in Long Eaton in Great Britain
- Retailers positive as sales values increase. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p2
Focuses on the value of sales increase of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the year 2001. Value of sales for the year 2000; Growth of bedroom furniture sales; Sales for Alstons and modern styles.
- Alstons awarded Manufacturing Guild Mark. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2013, Issue 5862, p10
The article reports on the Manufacturing Guild Mark (MGM) received by sofa maker Alstons in 2013 and mentions that the award is given to the top 50 companies at the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Celebrating a half century. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p33
Reports the retirement of Harry Mills from Alstons in Great Britain. Celebration for 50 years of service in the company; Recognition from Alstons chairman Alan Alston and merchandise director John Alston; Set of garden furniture given to Mills as a gift.
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p10
Highlights furniture available as of October 31, 2003. Dining pieces from Alstons; Nordic Interiors' wheeled occasional tables; Home office system from Form.
- At home with Alstons. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p9
The article reports on the move of Alstons, a family-owned bedroom furniture and upholstery specialists, to revamp both their showrooms at their Ipswich headquarters in England. It states that it aims to create an in store experience, and the effect was an instant hit with retailers who attended...
- Mobile expansion for Alstons and Bensons. // Cabinet Maker;10/02/98, Issue 5108, p3
Reports that British bed retailer Benson Beds has opened its 132nd store with a branch in Sunderland. Schedule of the opening of stores in Crewe and Stockton; Investment in Volvo delivery trucks; Investment in a new showroom by the Alstons company.
- A HISTORY IN SOFAS. // Cabinet Maker;7/1/2011, Issue 5744, p16
The article features Colchester, England-based furniture manufacturer Alstons. It explores the history of the company highlighting the establishment of its small upholstery business in 1951 as part of its efforts to infiltrate the upholstery sector in the region. It also cites the firm's sofa...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p9
Features several furniture from various companies in Great Britain. Description of the studio chair bed from Alstons; Design of Venus bed draws from Limelight; Style of the Brinjial armchair from Bampton Design.