- TV: the right channel for manufacturers. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p7
Comments on the television advertising campaigns of bed manufacturers Silentnight Beds and Slumberland in Great Britain. Sleep Council's TV advertising budget; Reasons cited by bed manufacturers for ruling out TV advertising before.
- BEDDING BENCHMARKS. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p68
Presents the author's introduction of his "Furniture/Today" magazine column titled "Bedding Benchmarks." Discussion of notable developments in the U.S. bedding industry; Offer of the Bedding Newsmaker feature of the month, which will feature a bedding executive every month.
- RTA Makers Awake to Bedroom Market. Miller, Hannah // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2001, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p85
Focuses on the move of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture manufacturers to include bedroom furniture to their usual computer desks and entertainment armoires for the bedroom. Reasons behind the decision of RTA furniture manufacturers to expand into bedroom collections; Bedroom furniture sold by...
- Slumberland spends _GCP_2m on upgrade. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/98, Issue 5118, p3
Focuses on bed maker Slumberland's plan to increase capacity at its factory in Lancashire, England. Construction of a warehouse; Number of jobs to be created.
- Retailers respond to specialty bedding additions. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p30
The article reports that bedding manufacturers showcased revamped specialty bedding offerings with consumer-friendly features and prices at the Las Vegas Market in Nevada. According to the manufacturers, retailers plan to use the offerings to boost business in the key sales months. Sealy...
- Bedroom additions win favor in Las Vegas. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p34
The article reports on bedroom furniture manufacturers' claim that the 2007 Las Vegas Market in Nevada had better traffic than July 2006. Kathy Ireland Home by Standard brand manager Sherri Green describes the performance of the company at the show. Meanwhile, Pulaski has received strong...
- Pittock joins Perdues as VP. // Furniture/Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p4
The article reports that bedroom furniture manufacturer Perdues Inc., has appointed Terry Pittock, former vice president of lamp supplier American Lamp, as vice president of sales for the western region. He will take over the territory now covered by Joseph Engler, vice president of sales and...
- Potential runs high among young shoppers. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p24
Reports on the state of the industrial category of master bedroom furniture in the U.S. Competition with mattresses in business for retailers; Range of selection for creative pieces; Establishment of warehouse programs to support direct-container business.
- Land Sky files for Chapter 11. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy 11 protection by Land and Sky in Nebraska. Formulation of a reorganization plan; Decline of the waterbed business; Estimation of the assets and debts.