Power and passion
- Trio in tune with consumers. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/28/2000, Issue 5198, p12
Features British furniture company Chaplins. Company origin; Corporate growth experienced; Business philosophies utilized.
- La-Z-Boy, Mobilia, Dufresne are retailers to watch. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p21
Reports the advancement of La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, Mobilia Interiors and Dufresne Furniture and Appliances among furniture retailers in Canada. Addition of stores by La-Z-Boy; Collaboration of Mobilia with a well-known designer; Search for channels of distribution by Dufresne.
- Best dressed stores get on top of props. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2001, Issue 5265, p11
Focuses on the tips for furniture retail store design. Impact of store design on customer attraction; Necessity of seeking inspiration through lighting; Importance of knowing the target market.
- The new curiosity shops. Foxley, Anne // New York;11/1/93, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p68
Features ten furniture design stores in the SoHo area, New York, New York. SoHo as an emerging center of furniture; 1950; Alan Moss; Rooms & Gardens; Coming to America; Camille Mizzi; Amazon Movers and Surplus; Hope & Wilder; 41 Rooster; Sammy's; Henro; Features; Design specialties; Address and...
- EQ3 designed for Internet generation. // Furniture/Today;11/5/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the design of the EQ3 furniture store in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Remarks of vice president of sales and marketing Peter Tielmann on the design; List of groupings in the current lineup; Brief description of listed lineup.
- Second store for Warren Evans. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p1
Announces the opening of Warren Evans furniture store in London, England on August 3, 2002. Overview of the company's performance.
- Chaplins plans outdoor expansion. // Cabinet Maker;12/18/2015, p4
The article reports that furniture retailer Chaplins has plans to build shop-in-shop to launch its outdoor furniture which will feature brands including B & B Italia, Flos, Gloster and Serralunga; and presents views of Simon Chaplin, Chaplins founder, on design-led furniture.
- Atlanta's TVS adds practice in store design. // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p68
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia-based furniture company Thompson, Ventulett, Stainback & Associates has created a store design practice to provide store planning and interior design services for small and large projects.
- DWR to open flagship store. // Furniture/Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p48
Announces the opening of the furniture retail store Design Within Reach in Beverly Hills, California.