- Washington Diarist. M.E.K // New Republic;9/9/78, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p50
Provides insights on various issues in the United States. Federal judge's order to the fire department in Bridgeport, Connecticut to stop giving job applicants a certain test supplied by federal government on the belief that it discriminates against blacks and Hispanics; Pending decision of the...
- Training First Responders. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/10/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p18A
A photograph is presented that depicts the first responders and the members of the Emergency Management Team from various counties in Texas, including Burnet, Bestrop, Williamson and Travis.
- PEOPLE & ORGANIZATIONS. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p11
Provides an update on people and organizations related to politics in the U.S. as of September 2003. Election of Ed Gillespie at the Republican National Committee; Move of Joe Erwin, the chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party, to hire an executive director to help for the February 2004...
- RELIEF FUND. // Fire Chief;Aug2007 Supplement, Vol. 51, p13
The article provides information about the multi-partner organization Working on Fire that focuses on integrated fire management and wildland firefighting in South Africa. In this regard, the country's fire fighters developed their owned version that suits their environmental needs. According to...
- Fireground Rules, Part 2: A Scheme is Not a Vision. Goekler, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;12/9/2010, p3
The author explains his use of firefighting analogies to explore foreign policy and security issues. The author thinks that wildfire is the most complex natural phenomenon that can generate different outcomes. He appreciates the fact that fireground commanders allow wide latitude in behaviors...
- 2007 MSFCA FALL CONVENTION AWARD RECIPIENTS. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p28
Several images of the recipients of the 2007 Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Awards are presented.
- Firebelles seeking supplies donations. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/7/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the move of The Clarendon Firebelles to ask for assistance to restock their emergency supplies for volunteer firemen in Clarendon, Texas.
- Firefighter Life Safety Issues. Weistling, G. Crawford // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p45
This article provides information on the sixteen Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives developed by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation along with fire and emergency service leaders during a meeting in Tampa, Florida. These provides a blueprint for making changes to help the U.S. Fire...
- CREDIT UNIONS, MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF NH CELEBRATE HEROES DAY. Healy, Meghan // CenterPoint;Winter2009, p16
The article reports on the first 2009 Make-A-Wish New Hampshire Raffle Calendar presented to firefighter throughout the state of Massachusetts by the wish children of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Hampshire. It is noted that the calendar symbolizes that both the giver and the receiver are...