- Specialty shops' gain no surprise. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p30
Reports the increase in the market share of sleep shops in the United States. Discussion of the growth of retailers Banner Mattress and Better Bedding; Significance of the appearances of said retail stores' owners in advertisements; Comparison between the retail distribution performances of...
- Furnitureland is ... everywhere. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;08/14/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p57
Comments on the increasing number of specialty furniture retailers in the United States. Ability to gain the interest of customers in special furniture pieces; Rediscovery of the benefits of fringe businesses in furniture retailing.
- Canadian retailers optimistic about prospects despite challenges. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p38
Reports on the performance of the Canadian furniture industry during 2003. Optimism for 2004; Concern about the furniture trade dispute between China and the United States; Positive effect of the growth of Canadian housing starts; Retail companies' establishment of solid relationships with...
- Total store count gain slows to 97. // Furniture/Today;05/21/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 36, ps2
Reports on the overall unit growth of the top 100 furniture retailers in the United States in 2000. Number of stores added for the top 100 retailers; Segment that led by way of store growth; Companies posting big gains during the year.
- AtmosphÃ¨re Nabs Exclusive Armani Casa Distribution Rights. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;8/4/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p22
Reports on the exclusive rights granted to furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re to distribute the Armani Casa furniture collection of Italian designer Giorgio Armani in Puerto Rico. Initiatives taken to better serve the clientele by the retailer; Advantage of the exclusive rights in allowing...
- Broyhill's specialty facades. // Furniture/Today;8/2/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
Reports on the availability of specialty store facades of Broyhill to retailers in Lenoir, North Carolina. Format of the stores; Opening of the Broyhill Home Collections stores; Sales forecast for the specialty stores.
- Are you being served? // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p17
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in May 2002, about factors that would influence consumers in Great Britain when shopping for furniture. Percentage of respondents that would turn to salespeople as the best source of help in making an informed purchasing...
- Driving forces. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p42
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine which shows that convenience is a major element of consideration for furniture shoppers in Great Britain. Other reasons that might make consumers visit a particular store; Importance of long and convenient opening hours;...
- Kent's new lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports on the opening of the second Co-operative Homestore furniture store in Tunbridge Wells, England.