JULIE GRAY, SPRINT WORLD HQ: D.M. sparks sales by making customer favorites accessible
- Panelists say better training leads to bigger sales, profits. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p88
Discusses the conclusions reached by the panelists at the 2002 Chain Operators Exchange Conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Factors essential in achieving good corporate profits; Qualifications of effective chief executive officers; Importance of providing adequate training to employees.
- For You. // Letter Arts Review;
An image of the letter art, "For You," designed by Julie Gray, is presented.
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/22/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4611, p7
The article offers information on developments related to then food service industry in Great Britain, which include the low profit earned by sustainable water firm Belu and the move of chef Nuno Mendes to divulge details of his plan to launch his restaurant Viajante.
- DEVOTING MORE SPACE AND TIME: C-STORES GROW IN SIZE, HOURS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the sales performance of food service operations in commercial stores or c-stores for 2000. Growth in business-and-industry food service operations; Function of c-stores in colleges; Average transaction of hospital c-stores; Sales growth of beverages in college and university c-stores.
- Looking Up: Measuring F/S. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p32
Deals with the profitability of food service facilities in the United States. Statistical information on the profit-margins of food service facilities; Challenges facing food service operators; Implications of the changing demands of customers.
- New McKinsey study: Foodservice leaves $$$ billions on table. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p6
Highlights the financial performance of the foodservice industry in the United States in 1999, according to a report by McKinsey & Co. Lack of impressive profit growth; Average annual turnover; Operating profit; Factors that could bring more sales and profits to the industry.
- Contract chains feel hit of slow economy and Sept. 11 terror aftermath. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p78
Discusses results of a survey conducted by the periodical 'Nation's Restaurant News' on the financial performance of food service contract chains which were ranked below the top 100 chains in the U.S. for 2002. Sportservice Corp.; Guckenheimer Enterprises; Bon Appetit Management Co.; All...
- Census: Rest. sales up 1.1% in Dec., 5.5% for year. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/3/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p76
Reports on the sales performance of foodservice and drinking-places in 2002 fourth quarter earning in the U.S.
- Allied Domecq's 6-mos. profit increases 14%, revs up 4%. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/5/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants for the six months ended February 28, 2003. Rise in operating profits; Earnings per share; Total revenues; Same-store sales.