Tower Records Uses Games To Boost Training Results
- Tower steps into the tour arena. DiCostanzo, Frank // Billboard;04/04/98, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p55
Announces that Tower Records, along with RCA Records, is extending its marketing arm and promotional presence directly to the concert arena. The success of Tower's co-sponsorship of a tour by British pop artist Jai; Comments from Louise Solomon, special projects coordinator.
- Tower opens second store in Israel. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;4/15/95, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the opening of Tower Records' second store in Israel on March 26, 1995. Company's plans to expand to Africa and other countries in the Middle East; Music groups' which are popular in Israel.
- Tower emphasizes fun at `Retail Party'. Christman, Ed // Billboard;7/06/96, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p59
Reports on Tower Records/Video's hosting of The Tower Retail Party for store managers at its headquarters in Sacramento, California, on June 14 to 16, 1996. Tower president Russ Solomon's opening address; Reasons for the party; Impact of the price war on the company; Growing number of music...
- Tower suffle has Idies scrambling. Christman, Ed // Billboard;9/4/93, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the results of Tower Records' efforts to restructure its purchasing methods from independent labels. Regional independent distributors' formation of strategic alliances; Tower's preference for national distributors; Appointment of exclusivity with INDI, owner of California Record...
- Tower open doors in Ireland. Duffy, Thom // Billboard;9/4/93, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p57
Reports on the opening of Tower Records first store in the Republic of Ireland. Location; Expected audio stock; Album unit sales in Ireland; Tower management's long-range plan for the European market.
- Tower to open new store in Birmingham. White, Adam // Billboard;2/17/96, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p6
Reports on Tower Records' plan to open a $3 million store in Birmingham, England. Outlet as the company's sixth store in the United Kingdom; Merchandise volume at the new store.
- Singapore store marks Tower's debut in Southeast Asia market. Cheah, Philip // Billboard;12/25/93, Vol. 105/106 Issue 52/1, p9
Reports on Tower Records' launching of its first Southeast Asian outlet in Singapore on December 11, 1993. Sales of catalog product; Singapore's strict censorship laws; Favorable reception to Tower's local entry; Concerns by other record retailers on Tower's arrival.
- Untitled. Christman, Ed // Billboard;7/10/93, Vol. 105 Issue 28, p42
Comments on the deal between Tower Records/Video with the Trump Tower. Tower president Russ Solomon providing minimal information; Doubts of the mall selling; Trump Tower's expensive rent pricing; Tourists as most common buyers.
- Tower opens store in Canada. // Publishers Weekly;1/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p32
Reports on American retailer Tower Records' opening of a store in Toronto, Ontario which is the first outlet in Canada. Number of titles of music CDs and videos offered; Tower Records as the sole owner of the Canadian store.