Rays of magic
- Leading retailers create excitement in different ways. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p20
Cites key issues relevant to the U.S. furniture industry that were discussed by a panel of merchandising executives from the sector. Proactive relationships with consumers and suppliers; Marketing initiatives; Growth targets and strategies.
- Untitled. // Design Week;9/28/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p6
The article reports launching of candle lights by Mathmos, including Thaw, designed by Mathew Jackson, an ice candle kit that freezes melted thaws and keeps it in own mould; Float, a floating candle by Royal College of Art graduate Roger Arquer; and Meltby Two Create, a tea light holder in tbe...
- U.S. Competitiveness Survey: How Furniture and Cabinet Manufacturers Compare. Buehlmann, Urs; Bumgardner, Matthew; Schuller, Al; Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p49
Presents the results of a study examining the perspectives of executives on the trends in domestic manufacturing and importing in the furniture industry in the U.S. Commitment of manufacturers to future domestic production; Impact of imports on the business of local manufacturers; Factors...
- STRATEGIST. // New York;10/9/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p85
The article evaluates the Space Projector from Mathmos and offers information on its features and properties.
- Candles and ice? Armitage, Hugh // Gay Times (09506101);May2008, Issue 356, p12
The article evaluates the Thaw Ice Candle from Mathmos.
- She's on the ball with a hairband. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p39
Presents an interview with Anna Edwards, marketing director of Comfyballs, regarding her career in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Career influences; Motivations in the furniture business; Ideas for the improvement of the industry.
- Bosses gen up on cost cutting. // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p6
Reports the convention of furniture manufacturers top executives on subsidized lean manufacturing course in Manchester, England. Objectives of Accelerated Route to Lean Manufacturing course; Contact online information of the course; Focus on the subsidy based on the European Social Fund.
- 'I'm in a fashion industry that doesn't know it's in the fashion business' // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Reports on Virginia-based furniture firm Bassett Furniture vice president of marketing Janice Hamlin's assessment of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Career background; Factors affecting the market.
- Brady-Proesch gets Jackson marketing post. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p24
Reports on the selection of Pam Brady-Proesch as marketing executive of Jackson Furniture Industries in Tennessee. Career history of Brady-Proesch; Responsibility of the manager.