- Glam rocks. Soltani, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p14
Presents an interview with Home Expo managing director David Boxer on his unique business strategy. Concerns over the public perception of the furniture world; Strategies in showroom decorations; Views on the potential of furniture retailers. INSET: Boxer's top tips.
- Directors: old is gold. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2001, Issue 5244, p7
Presents study results on average age of directors in the beds and bedding industry in Great Britain. Assessment of average compensation; Tenure of directors; Effect of directors' retirement on companies.
- BIFMA Names New Board Members. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 25, pB10
Reports on the changes in the board members of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association. Mission of the organization.
- January deadline for Uno Quintet. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Reports on the disqualification proceedings against five former directors of England-based furniture company Uno. Allegation that the directors traded to the detriment of customers.
- King banned for a decade. // Cabinet Maker;
Reports that Neil King, of Harrogate and director of nine failed Britain-based furniture companies, has been banned from being a director for ten years. Firms that King were involved in.
- CBI adds voice to red tape criticism. // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p5
The article presents a speech by Richard Lambert, CBI director general, delivered at a conference in London, England in September 2006. Lambert warned that red tape is threatening British businesses. To counter this menace, he suggested that the country is in need of a free trade, low tax as...
- Four elected OFMA directors. // Furniture/Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p16
Informs on the four directors elected to the board of the Ontario Furniture Manufacturers Association.
- DIRECTORS. // Furniture/Today;05/21/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p68
Presents news concerning corporate directors in the furniture industry in the United States, compiled as of May 21, 2001. Retirement of G. Allen Mebane from Unifi; Election of Guilford Mills chairman Charles Hayes as president of the American Textile Manufacturers Institute (ATMI); Officers...
- Kirwan to head rescued Klaussner. // Cabinet Maker;8/26/2005, Issue 5453, p3
Reports on the appointment of Peter Kirwan as the new managing director of Klaussner in Great Britain. Job responsibilities; Statement of Kirwan on managing the company after its failure; Plans of Kirwan for the company.